Highlighted

Premiere Pro Slow and Crashing - Help!

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 100 short clips and 3 long ones (2-3 hours long), which I am editing into a webinar, but I've reached a point where Premiere crashes after more than a few clicks, and even before there was a 5 second lag between pressing play and playback starting.

My main sequence is 6 nested sequences (one per speaker on the webinar) and the 3 long clips, stacked on a track per sequence. There are dozens of cuts throughout (so doesn't look like rendering the sequence and replacing is an option) and I have no clue how to try and fix the issue.

I have tried making changes to the playback quality, media cache, and a few other tips from googling, but I haven't had any luck so far.

My machine is hi-spec so I don't think there's an issue there, 16gb RAM, 2 TB SSD etc

The project is dead-in-the-water unless I can find a way to stop Premiere from crashing. Please help.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Slow and Crashing - Help!

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 100 short clips and 3 long ones (2-3 hours long), which I am editing into a webinar, but I've reached a point where Premiere crashes after more than a few clicks, and even before there was a 5 second lag between pressing play and playback starting.

My main sequence is 6 nested sequences (one per speaker on the webinar) and the 3 long clips, stacked on a track per sequence. There are dozens of cuts throughout (so doesn't look like rendering the sequence and replacing is an option) and I have no clue how to try and fix the issue.

I have tried making changes to the playback quality, media cache, and a few other tips from googling, but I haven't had any luck so far.

My machine is hi-spec so I don't think there's an issue there, 16gb RAM, 2 TB SSD etc

The project is dead-in-the-water unless I can find a way to stop Premiere from crashing. Please help.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 28, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0