Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup: Macintosh HD

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hate to say it, but that is a rather old and low-capability computer. At some point, you will have to get newer and better gear. This app is built for more robust and newer gear. And with each release, is less suited for the older stuff. Although for such a long startup, I do wonder how much space is available on disc on that machine.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Neil. Could you offer specifics on what exactly it falls short on capability-wise? I'm asking because I thought 16gb ram would be powerful enough. The rest of it I honestly do not understand... just a bunch of numbers and letters that seem like proprietary made up jargon.

Thanks,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 2.6 Mhz processor is very slow, and from that era, is it 2 or 4 cores? Quite possibly 2 in a laptop.

So, 2 slow cores, a small amount of older (and slower) RAM, and an old architecture GPU with minimal vRAM.

Is the only drive used the internal spinning drive? Laptop drives were normally 5200 RPM rather than the standard 7200 RPM.

So if that's the case, that really is minimal gear.

They aren't joking about the need for decent gear.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

Quad core

Hard Drive: 7200 rpm 750 GB SATA Disk (spinning)

Is 16gb RAM a small amount these days? Does it get "old"

What processor do I need?

Should I install a SSD

Yenaphe,

I have no 3rd party effects on top of it. I just upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.6 and have the latest from Premiere CC. I think my computer may have been freaked out by all the changes and new challenges.

When I launched Premiere I think it got held up on some quicktime thing it was trying to load. The last 3 launches have been within a minute. Not that that's fast but I could install a SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SSD for projects would be a big boost for that rig. And yea, sounds like it was involved with an issue that one startup. PrPro can occasionally do something that seems odd while it sort itself out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem to me also

My Pc

Intel I7 9700K Processor

Gigabyte Z390 M Motherboard

16 GB Ram

Gforce GTX 1650 4 GB Graphics

240 gb nvme Hard drive fir C Drive

....2019 and 2020 same delay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though your hardware is old, Premiere shouldn't take 8 minutes to load.

Which version of Premiere are you using, and do you have a lot of 3rd party effects/transitions installed on top of it?

When launching Premiere, it should list everything he is loading on the splash screen. Any item that stays for an unexpected amount of time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gentleman's computer who started this thread is just fine and this has nothing to do with any of that. I'm in a work evenironment where it's the same across all systems - i7, i9 16, 64 gb of ram. This is I believe a cache issue.

I get the same problem with my first load in the morning - the first load of my main project takes about 8 min to load. But then if I restart Premiere after a crash or what have you, it loads up in about a minute. I'd like it to load up quick like that all the time. If we try to then open that same project on another system, again it takes 8 min on the first load.

If somebody who actually knows the answer or somebody from Adobe could respond it would be most appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I encounter this same problem - I recently had to re-install an older version of Premiere Pro, in order to open up and older project file that Premiere Pro 2020 told me was not compatible with that newer version.

So I installed 2019, and upon start up it took ages and ages and ages to load...  it's the plugins loading... so slow... in fact as I write this note, it's still loading... the whole reason I found this thread, was attempting to solve this problem now, in real time!

Doesn't sound like Adobe has any answer to this problem that many of us are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

digital rebellion has a plug-in manager that can quickly make plug-ins inactive.  Can make a big difference in the load time.  

https://www.digitalrebellion.com/promaintenance/

I think there's a free trial.  but the apps are worth the cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any 3rd party effects/transitions installed, just clear computer

My setup

HP Z420 Workstation

CPU: Xeon E5-1620 v2

RAM:32GB

VGA card: Quadro K2000

SSD: 512G+3T HDD

all drivers are the latest version

All adobe apps installed in SSD

I have both Premiere Pro 2018 v12.1.1 and 2020 v14.3.1

The startup time of 2020 is almost four times that of 2018

CC2020 v14.3.1  takes 2:20

CC2018 v12.1.1  takes less 30s

I don't use CC2019 because it something crash when  I dynamic link to AE

CC2018 is the most stable version I've used

I don't think we need to pay to use the unstable version like CC2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines