• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro SLOW when Lumetri Color Panel is open - WHY?

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Since I upgraded to the latest version of Premiere Pro and High Sierra on my 2013 Mac Pro, I have found that I am getting unbelievable lag and unresponsiveness when the Lumetri Color Panel is open.  I thought it might be the workspace so I deleted it and recreated. The problem persisted.  I tried the same sequence in a different workspace and it was playing back fine UNTIL I opened the Lumetri Color Panel and again the problems came back.

I looked at my drives and nothing has changed there.  I also took the old project and imported it into a new one and no luck either.

Definitely seems to be a bug or issue with the LCP being open.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm on OSX High Sierra 10.13.3 and using version Premiere Pro CC 2018 (latest build).  The MacPro is a 3GHz 8 core model with 32 GB of RAM and the Dual AMD FirePro D700 6GB GPUs.  Has been working very well but noticed a very obvious slow down especially on Multicam projects with 4 cameras and some colour effects added.  Never been a major issue before but now a real pain.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumetri is one of the heaviest load effects in PrPro. And multi-cam, where it's playing four source file simultaneously, puts a load on the machrn also.

Especially if you're using H.264 mov/mp4 files, which with the above would choke many rigs.

So ... what formats/codecs are you using in what frame-size/rate, and are you using the built-in proxy preset for Cineform proxies at all?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

Appreciate that Lumetri must put a very intensive process for Premiere Pro and what it demands of your machine.  Equally Multicam too is very dependent on the speed on the CPU/GPU and requires having excellent high speed drives too.

So I'm not using H264 mov or mp4 files.  I transcode to ProRes 422 or ProRes 422HQ using the new Proxy button to toggle between my original and proxy media.  I keep the resolution at 1920x1080 which is the native resolution for all our media apart from one camera that is 3840x2160 and the proxies for this are 1920x1080 ProRes 422 as above.  I've been doing this for a while and everything has always played backed and worked really flawlessly.  Frame rate is 25fps for all the media.

I did a bit more investigation and it appears that it might be only misbehaving on a particular sequence in the project.  The actual Multicam sequence (so the sequence where all the video is nested not the Multicam clip in the master sequence - if that makes sense).  In other sequences it seems to be fine but this one the problem is very apparent.

Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh ... wonder if the cache/cache database for that sequence is screwy?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Multicam sequence, using Lumetri on master clips. It takes 10-15 seconds to even load the effect onto the clip. When clicking on a clip with Lumetri on it, it takes just as long. My system is good, about 6 mo old (4GHz i7 Gen 7 processor, 32GB RAM, Nvidia 1070 w/ 8GB Video Ram) and it's still choking. Cleaning database doesn't change things for me 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many cams in that multi-cam, and what's the codec/frame-rate/frame-size of the media? And what sort of disc setup are you using to feed the media and program/project files et all into the computer?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my sequence, it's 4 cameras (3 @ 1080p, 1 @ 1080i due to limitations of camera). Each clip is around an hour long with the AVCHD codec. I have a main mechanical HD (7200RPM) that houses the programs and such, but all media is on an internal 6G SATA 128GB SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines