• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro So Slow It's Unusable + External GPUs

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have a macbook pro and running the latest version of premiere, details of the mac are:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 and it has 16gb of RAM.

I have been working on a film project that's grown and grown and it is now feature length. The video footage is 4K scaled to a 1080p timeline and colour is by FilmConvert. I don't have lots of video tracks running on top of each other. 

However now I can barely do anything on the project without it crashing or it is so laggy I can't do any creative editing. I was even looking into external gpus that might help the computer deal with the work load but I don't know if the cost of this would have benefit?

Has anyone been in the same boat, that can offer any advice?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to cut the project up in smaller projects

When ready export all project to intermediate files and put those files in a main project for final export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ann,

I only want to do that as a last resort as I need to watch the whole things in it's entirety to have a feel for the film.

I was looking into external gpu's that might help me do this, do you have any experience using one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines