• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro soft-crashes computer then lags out of nowhere

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally Premiere Pro runs perfectly fine on my computer. Recently for some reason when I'm using Premiere Pro, out of nowhere, no warning, it'll soft crash my computer (all my monitors will turn black and everything freezes). When it finally comes back, it'll be incredibly laggy and unuseable. I check my RAM and CPU useage and nothing is showing a memory leak. The only thing that'll fix it is to reboot my computer. This obviously gets incredibly fatiguing and frustrating doing this five times a day. Any thoughts as to why this may be happening? My computer is pretty new, and I'm not having these issues with any other programs, so I'm inclined to believe it's not faulty RAM or a bad motherboard. Side note: it also does the same thing in After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.

PC Specs:

Ryzen R9 3950x

32GB 3200Mhz RAM (2x16GB)

2tb NVMe SSD

Nvidia 2060 Super

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What number graphics driver?

You should be using the Studio Driver:

NVIDIA STUDIO DRIVER

Driver Version: 462.59 - Release Date: Tue May 11, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I'm on 466.63 released on 6/3, but it's been givng me trouble the past few versions. Do you think reverting back to 462.59 would do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, and do a clean install. Stick to the STUDIO drivers, and not the 'Game' as you've installed. That's why they have the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines