Premiere Pro - SOOOOOO slow - on a brand new Macbook Pro 16 (64GB RAM, Graphics, etc) WHY???

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help. I use Premiere Pro on a Windows rig (also 64GB RAM) - and it's great. But I'm on a Macbook Pro 16 at the moment, with the highest specs across the board and Premiere Pro is so slow that I can barely edit some run of the mill HD 1080p 24FPS footage. It's pathetically slow. I'm struggling. 

I've set eveything up correctly; cleaned cache; using the graphics card, assigned 52GB of RAM to Premiere... still struggles.

What can I do? At the moment, I'm going to have to think about ditching Premiere as my film editor as it's almost impossble to work like this... this MBP is supposed to be able to edit masses of 4k footage and not break a sweat - so something is up.

SPEC:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1

Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 16 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 64 GB

All software is up to date. Any help MUCH appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro - SOOOOOO slow - on a brand new Macbook Pro 16 (64GB RAM, Graphics, etc) WHY???

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help. I use Premiere Pro on a Windows rig (also 64GB RAM) - and it's great. But I'm on a Macbook Pro 16 at the moment, with the highest specs across the board and Premiere Pro is so slow that I can barely edit some run of the mill HD 1080p 24FPS footage. It's pathetically slow. I'm struggling. 

I've set eveything up correctly; cleaned cache; using the graphics card, assigned 52GB of RAM to Premiere... still struggles.

What can I do? At the moment, I'm going to have to think about ditching Premiere as my film editor as it's almost impossble to work like this... this MBP is supposed to be able to edit masses of 4k footage and not break a sweat - so something is up.

SPEC:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1

Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 16 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 64 GB

All software is up to date. Any help MUCH appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 25, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a fix for this? I'm using my 64GB MBP today for first time on Premier Pro and it's dog slow.

My 5 year old Windows desktop is far faster.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried in catalana and big sur

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0