• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro - sound on timeline disappears

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me now in two completely different projects. So I have a multicam sequence in the timeline, the audio plays just fine when I start to play it anywhere on the timeline - except at one point near the end. IF I start the playback before this point the audio will play just fine up to and after this point, however, if I stop then restart it after that point - nothing - no audio, or visible audio bars - nowhere.  The timeline/settings look the same, it's just that there is no audio afte rthat pount - when starting playback after that point only (subsequent clips on the timeline play ok)

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render and Replace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the sequence and set that section with an in and out - then rendered it - still the same - when I start the playback before this point the audio will play just fine up to and after this point all the way to the end, however, if I stop then restart it AFTER that point - no audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on audio and hit Render and Replace.

Which is not the same as rendering the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created another completely different project - created a multicam - does the same exact thing -

'the audio plays just fine when I start to play it anywhere on the timeline - except at one point near the end. IF I start the playback before this point the audio will play just fine up to and after this point, however, if I stop then restart it after that point - nothing - no audio'

- did look and could not find 'render and replace' - but did try render audio - and that worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render and Replace is a feature found on the timeline: rightclick on clip in timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you actually using more than one of the audio sources?  If not, lock the video tracks and flatten the audio track so you're just dealing with one audio source.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's a single audio source - tied to the source video - unfortunately - - OK - I have to UNLINK them, then go to the Render and Replace as suggested. But this is NOT what I have had to do for years, this is a new issue with EVERY multicam sequence now, even with new projects, NOT happy Adobe - more steps not less

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

DefaultAudioInputNoInput.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - - I already have that setting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mark, 

I'm having just about the same issue. 

My sequence video contains another sequence... that sequence on it's own plays out now problem. On my combined sequence it plays 15 minutes or so on playback fine, and like you say until you to close to the end. If I pause it towards the ends and play again, the audio doesn't come through. Much the same if I just pick a point towards the end to play. I rendered and replaced which seemed to work, but then only when it uses the built in output for the device. When I set the audio hardware back to my headset, it has the same issue. I can't figure this out! If I drag the play head across the audio you can hear it's picking it up... put then just playing, no audio comes out. Have you found a solution to this yet? Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines