Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro starts rendering but then stops

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have no idea why it happens or even know how to fix it. I have looked up so many videos and looked at other posts all to no avail. When using Premiere, I would finish editing a video I made and then I go into export settings and choose a custom made export file for the software to use. I use CUDA and I have maximum bit depth on but not quality. I also have memory set to memory and not performance, and yet when the rendering starts, it goes on for a couple of seconds and I also noticed that the time for rendering goes up instead of down. Once it goes up a little bit, the blue bar starts but never continues and when I click cancel after four minutes of waiting, Premiere crashes and I don't know how to fix or even prevent this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Zach,

I can't provide a solution for this, but I have the same problems. So it would be nice to get an answer from the Adobe team as soon as possible...

Which version of Premiere Pro do you use, currently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the current version, v - 14.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't wrote if you are using a PC or Mac. If you are on PC, maybe I got a solution for your / our problem. I just tried to start Premiere Pro as an Administrator. Doing this, the rendering worked out perfectly and finished withing 15 minutes. No crash. The video looks fine, so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry man. I am on PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, running as administrator might make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, at least it worked for me. Just try it, shouldn't break anything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I have it opened right now as an administrator. I'll let you know how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I ran it as Administrator but it froze again, this time at 2% with over an hour remaining. Which is honestly just odd to me because Premiere has never needed to take more than an hour. The video is less than 50 minutes and I have the i7-9700k processor, so it usually goes fast. At this point, if Adobe themselves don't reply with a method to fix it within 4-6 days, I will just uninstall Premiere and then restart my computer and reinstall it. But thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to render 4 videos today. Now I tried it with Administrator privileges and the 2nd rendering didn't work again. This is really bad. I have a brand new PC with good enough specs for the renderings I want to do, 10 Gigabit link to my file server and Premiere is just crashing and not working randomly. This is really sad for the money they want from us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IKR!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines