• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro stops responding after 'Delete Track' or 'Delete Tracks'

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a reoccuring freeze issue with Premiere Pro 2020  Version 14.6.0 (Build 21),

it stops responding then freezes after clickin 'Delete Track' or 'Delete Tracks'.

Uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it didn't help.

Please let me know how to fix this problem, it is very frustrating.

Video is attached.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/50jypg" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;overflow:hidden;"></iframe></div>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.6 and 14.7 have multiple crashing issues relating to adding tracks and deleting sequences. Changing sequence settings (codecs) and other functionality have also been flagged by users. Staggering that these two iterations have been released and deemed usable. Some sort of checks must have nbeen performed but I see no evidence of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Premiere Pro stopped responding when I click "Delete Track", "Delete Tracks...", "Add Track" or "Add Tracks...". I first noticed some funkiness when I dragged a clip above existing tacks to add a new track. It worked, but there was some lag.

I don't know if this work around is an answer, but I closed Premiere Pro, then opened Windows Task Manager and killed the both CCX processes, Creative Cloud helper, Creative Cloud Desktop and all other things Adobe *except* Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service & Adobe Genuine Software Service. I then opened Premiere Pro, loaded my project, clicked "Delete Tracks" and by gosh, it worked.

Well it worked until the Dynamic Link Manager, After Effects, CCXProcess, CCXLibrary attempted(?) tried to start back up again. If you're quick enough to jump in, delete tracks and save the project you can git 'er done, but what a PIA. I can open about two timelines, delete empty tracks and save after each. When it locks up on the third try the Dynamic Link Manager, After Effects and both CCX processes are actually not shown in Windows Task Manager as having started again, but when I force close Premiere Pro they pop up along with a bunch of (approx 7 or 8) Adobe CEP HTML Engine entries that pop up and go away pretty quickly.

So I think the problem is in Dynamic Link, CCX or CEP. I deleted the single After Effects project that was dynamic linked in the project, then saved, closed and reopened the Premiere Pro project, but it made no difference. I also tried with After Effects open; still no diff. Hoping this steers Adobe engineers in the right direction for a patch. We certainly need the ability to add tracks without going though this workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I was mostly wrong in this bit of investigation. The processes I mentioned in the above post actually are running the whole time. I was digging a little deeper and found them in Windows Task Manager within the Premiere Pro entry. If you twirl down the Premiere Pro entry you will see the CCX processes (if you had ended those processes prior to opening Premiere), as well as Dynamic Link Manager & a bunch of CEP HTML engine processes. When Premiere is force closed these processes jump up a level in task manager and become visible in the main list of processes. Therefore the issue is not likely the fault of one of those processes, but I wouldn't say that's conclusive.

What I was not wrong about is that you can delete or add tracks for about 15 seconds after you open a project, but then further attempts to delete or add tracks will freeze the program like a hairless, skinny cat riding on a Santa's sleigh above the Arctic at midnight. So, if there is an Adobe engineer watching, disregard my previous post except for the short period of time you can add or delete tracks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heav a same issue, and this method, to close ccx programs its healpd, and i can delet video tracks i cant belive, so much freez, not responsing premier time after time and now is good. Hope one day patched this bug. Very irritated bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a control surface attached? This was the issue for me with a similar issue. Once I'd removed that in preferences then the freezing stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, indeed. Thanks for this answer; it worked for me. I hope Adobe can fix this issue because I was very excited to have the control surface back up after a firmware update yesterday (Behringer X-Touch).  I have a bunch of keys mapped, and when it's working I use it a lot. The X-Touch makes it so much easier to mix audio than trying to use on screen faders or manually creating so many bloody keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the latest Beta? I believe it's fixed in that.
I do wish Adobe would put a list of known issues as a sticky at the top of this forum.
I know this is a known issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines