• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro stuck at 80% while opening project

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to seperate projects now. When I go to open the project the blue bar fills until roughly 80% and then does move. The program doesn't use the CPU or any other recources and if you click cancel the Premiere Pro freezes. I've tried clearing the cache and trashing preferences. The only work around is to open the project on a different computer, offline all media, and then transfer it back to the main computer and reconnect media files. It happens again every time you close the project. Many of the source footage files are on a QNAP server and both projects are using dynamic link.

Windows 10

PP Version 14.7

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been discussed several topics on the forum, e.g.:

Premiere Pro 2020 not opening projects 

Various tricks sometimes work. I've had most success with using a beta build of Premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what happens if you take the media offline before launching the project rather than taking it to another computer?  you can just rename the media drive or the folder within the drive containing the media.  I'm wondering also if there are some administrative issues with the server.   Avid has some rock solid shared media solutions and that's why they dominate certain markets.  With Premiere you're dependant on 3rd party solutions where adobe and the 3rd party can point fingers at each other if there are issues. 

I just talked to a friend who's about to start editing a project where the media is actually stored online.  I don't envy him although he's been assured it will work by his client. 

There can certainly be problems with linked AE comps in premiere, but I personally have never seen this problem that you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines