Highlighted

Premiere pro stuck on import ProRES LT from Atomos Ninja V

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have this weird situation - Premiere gets stuck on "Loading footage..." dialog box when I try to import clips recorded by my Fuji XT3 in ProRES LT, onto an Atomos NinjaV recorder.

My system is fairly capable: i9 9900 processor, 32GB ram, AMD Radeon 64 graphics card, Samsung 970 m.2 and 860 Pro disks internally, external usb LaCie 2Big 3.1 disk.

There are say 50 clips and these are the scenarios I tried:

• if I try to import all of them into an appropriate bin, it gets stuck;
  • if I try in 5 by 5 clip batches, first couple of batches work, then it gets stuck;
  • if I go one by one clip, it works until a certain clip where it gets stuck;

The first clip where it got stuck is a really short one, maybe 24-25 MB (most likely an erroneously pressed record button when filming); other clips are in excess of 10Gb and these import nicely.

What might be the culprit here? Many thanks for all the replies!

@R_Neil_Haugen:

I am importing through Media browser in Premiere pro.

I did solve the problem though. I retried importing clips one by one and I identified the first bad one--a small clip 7Mb in size, duration 00:00:00:00. I then located all others similar to this one, excluded them from the import and voila!

The whole proces was done in LESS time that it usually takes to import my Canon 1080 footage or Mavoc2Pro H.265.

This is a very weird issue indeed, as I would think that the LARGER ProRes files (some of which are over 20 Gb in size) would cause issues. But no, the small buggers up to 20Mb were the bad ones.

Topics

Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere pro stuck on import ProRES LT from Atomos Ninja V

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have this weird situation - Premiere gets stuck on "Loading footage..." dialog box when I try to import clips recorded by my Fuji XT3 in ProRES LT, onto an Atomos NinjaV recorder.

My system is fairly capable: i9 9900 processor, 32GB ram, AMD Radeon 64 graphics card, Samsung 970 m.2 and 860 Pro disks internally, external usb LaCie 2Big 3.1 disk.

There are say 50 clips and these are the scenarios I tried:

• if I try to import all of them into an appropriate bin, it gets stuck;
  • if I try in 5 by 5 clip batches, first couple of batches work, then it gets stuck;
  • if I go one by one clip, it works until a certain clip where it gets stuck;

The first clip where it got stuck is a really short one, maybe 24-25 MB (most likely an erroneously pressed record button when filming); other clips are in excess of 10Gb and these import nicely.

What might be the culprit here? Many thanks for all the replies!

@R_Neil_Haugen:

I did solve the problem though. I retried importing clips one by one and I identified the first bad one--a small clip 7Mb in size, duration 00:00:00:00. I then located all others similar to this one, excluded them from the import and voila!

The whole proces was done in LESS time that it usually takes to import my Canon 1080 footage or Mavoc2Pro H.265.

This is a very weird issue indeed, as I would think that the LARGER ProRes files (some of which are over 20 Gb in size) would cause issues. But no, the small buggers up to 20Mb were the bad ones.

Topics

Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you importing? Drag/drop from Finder/Explorer? What?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R_Neil_Haugen:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a ninja I use with a nikon d800 ( hdmi out to ninja ).

It goes to an SSD in the ninja.

I take out the SSD and xfer all files to an internal fast black hard drive raid 0.

I lose the SSD when done and check the directory of hard drive to see the files are there.

I open editing program.

I start new project.

I import the source material to the editor.

Never had a problem.

Don't use external drives is probably a good rule of thumb.

Try to set up drives and folders for fast editing using internal stuff, also good rule in general.

e.g. put source, cache, exports on different drives, and don't use the root drive for anything except OS and program exe files ( boot drive ).

good luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check this out...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/zmb9mp3/revision/5

good luck !  🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
salvo34 LATEST
Advocate ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good going on solving your problem. You now know that when you use the atomos all your important clips will be loaded into editor properly so you never lose some important little shot.

🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines