Premiere Pro Stuck on ImporterQuickTime.prm or PlayerMediaCore.prm

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am beyond frustrated and not tech savy in the least. There was a forced update or something that happened when I was away and I don't know all the details not being so tech wise.

Since then, despite working percectly before, Premiere keeps freezing when I load it up at either importerquicktime.prm or PlayerMediaCore.prm (Depending on certain changes I make) I have looked for various different answers over the internet and here on the community with many different approaches, but none so far have worked.

I have tried -
- Re-installing it. (Even later versions like 15.1, though I believe I was on 14.9)
- Resarting the Computer.
- Signing in to a different OS user.
- Running it though the administrator.
- There is no ''\Essential Sound/SharedTags'' Folder.
- There is no QT32 Server process after Task manager.
- Disconnecting all USB ports. (Nothing is even in the USB ports)
- Disabling the Intel graphics card (Causes a black screen)
- I can't roll back the previous intel
- Creating a dummy.dll file
- Removing the Remove QuickTimeHost files from the plugin's folder (This results in it freezing on PlayermediaCore.prm instead)
- I can't return the previous Windows update because my computer insists I added a new user, depsite deleting it.
- I don't have AVG or Avast or something that would cause firewalls (To my knowledge)

It is entriely possible that I haven't done some of these listed items wrongly, and I am now unsure as to what is in what folder/state. But I tried many different attempts and I don't see why this should be so complicated or hard to resolve. I understand the occasional bug or error may come up, but I find it utterly unfair and very dimoralising to have to pay monthly for this program if I can't even use it or these issues aren't solved by Adobe.

I would greatly appreciate the support. I just simply don't understand what's going on.

Thank you so much for your time.

[ I don't know what to post for specs, but if this helps in some way, here are some details: ]

Intel(R) Core(TIM) 17-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz 64-bit Os.

Windows 10 pro version 2004.

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would contact Adobe Tech Support directly using the menu in the Cloud app; they'll be able to escalate this issue and possibly log in to your machine if you want to troubleshoot the issue. The boards here are ostly fellow users and volunteers like myself; there are Adobe reps on here too but if you call or chat with Adobe directly you'll be able to get right to them.

HTH,

JVK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines