• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro stuttery and laggy playback of all video windows 10 Nvidia RTX 3090

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading from a 1080 to a 3090 I cannot get premiere to play back, without massive stutter and lag.

SAS raid with 800MB/s Read and Write Speeds. (Same if played off ssd)

Intel I7 8700k

EVGA Nvidia RTX 3090

32GB RAM

260.89 Studio Driver

Premiere 14.8

Doesn't work with game ready driver either.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same and I have an I9 processer and 64g of RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pulled the 3090, and using the internal graphics, the playback is the same.  I'm going to do a full clean install and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q and C,

Try this version of NVIDIA Studio driver: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/167762/

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a complete fresh windows 10 install.   Everything worked fine for 2 days using the Nvidia driver that was installed by default.

Started the computer today and installed Epic Unreal Engine Launcher and I can't edit any more. 

Stuttery, lag, atudio is choppy and slow.  Going to fresh install again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted my PC disabling the option to open launch at computer start and it solved the problem. It's the damn Epic Games Launcher!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the gaming and specialized 3D "engines" install a host of things on the system that run in the background constantly, plus reset the GPU and OS graphics settings to their needs ... and control.

Even some of the "it's only a sound setup" things do this.

And they interfere with Premiere Pro's operations.

Out of curiousity, what do you use Unreal engine for?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Building out enviornments for Virutal Production utilizing greenscreen and LED walls.   Like the Mandalorian but on a much smaller scale.  I unistalled Epic Games Launcher and it didn't help, so attempting to re install.

This is my most powerful computer, so I prefer to use it for editing and virtual production.   There's only so much desk space and I'm already running two KVMs, so I would prefer to avoid having to buy a dedicated machine for each task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would look at Kevin's comment about your GPU drivers. The driver you listed sounds very old - the 3090 probably didn't even exist when those drivers were out, and Premiere may require a driver well beyond that now anyway. You don't want to rely on Windows to tell you what driver to get. Go to Nvidia.com and get the latest studio drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asrock Tai Chi X570

Ryzen 9

Nvidia 3090

128GB Corsair Vengance

Playback is Stuttery/Jaggy in PP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont hijack thread make a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How are you finding the 8700k with the 3090? I'm wanting to upgrade my 980ti and was unsure whether I'd need to do the cpu aswell..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines