Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro taking forever to render any amount of video/graphics

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm sure this question gets asked here a lot, but I can't figure out what's wrong. For background, I have a GeForce 2070 Super for my graphics card and a 3900x  Ryzen for a CPU (with nearly a TB of space on my SSD). Premiere worked super speedy at first, but now it's god awful slow. To put in perspective, it takes about 5-7 minutes to render a basic 9 second graphic from Adobe Stock. Yes, CUDA is enabled. I'll only have one project opened at a time. The whole reason I build this PC was so it can work Premiere easily, but clearly this isn't the case. Any help?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for recommending this idea, basil. I just read on social networks that another user had the same fix. I'll poll my counterparts on assisted support and see if they are finding this workaround, as well.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought I would chime in here since I was having a similar problem. It turned out that Dynamic Linking with After Effects was the culprit. I simply rendered out the AE bits in AE, and replaced the dynamic links in Premiere. It went from 117 hours down to 1.

This may not help everyone that stumbles into slow rendering problems, but I was forever grateful when this resolved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines