• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro timeline becoming Unresponsive, Buggy in certain projects.

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs

GPU: RTX 3070 TI

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x

RAM: 2x16 GB 

Hard Drives: 3 SSD,s 1 HDD, 1 External Hdd

Project Files are on the HDD

My project timelines lately have been becoming unresponsive and buggy when attempting to do anything later into a project.

(Example in picture)

Issues

• It makes the timeline become unresponsive and I have to click into another panel and back onto the timeline panel in order to move clips, photos, etc and then it doesn't show where I'm dragging it and I have to guess where it'll end up.
  • Not only that but basic things like Drop-Down menus just stop working.
  • Playback seems to be fine, but unfortunately it is the work that's causing me grief in this situation.

I have been using Adobe Premiere for nearly 5 years- I got a copy from my high school when I was in the 12th grade and I never encountered this issue- it's only happened as I recently moved to Creative Cloud. It's a bizarre issue because again, I never had this happen on whatever version it was I had before.

Solutions I've Tried

Clearing Unused Media Cache

Clearing All of Media Caches

Rendering Entire Work Area

Importing Sequence and Prject Files into a NEW Project File

Changing Hard Drive Storing the Project File

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PT,

Try removing audio from nests or disabling audio waveforms completely. The issue is fixed in the Beta.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your CPU is kind of weak compared to the GPU. What video codec and reolution are you editing. Nvenc can only help for H.264/265. Anything else and your CPU might get pegged at 100%. at full resolution Show us your stats as seen in the video below. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFDt-G-dMOU

The GTX 1060 has Nvenc to help edit and render 4K H.264 but can you edit 4K BRAW and 4K R3D files with an old mediocre computer using Premiere Pro? Watch the video to find out. Adobe Creative Cloud: https://amzn.to/33rTUTYAdobe CC 1 year https://amzn.to/3Da0qMN Link is monetized

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start rolling back versions 1 by 1 and youll eventually get one that works well. I have the same cpu as you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the nested audio as Kevin suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines