Premiere Pro Timeline freezes as soon as I import a 7th element to the project

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys
I have a problem:
I can no longer use Premiere normally.
Everything runs normally until I add a seventh element to the project. This sounds very strange, but that's how it is.

As an example, I have 1 video file, 3 sound files and 2 image files. I can work with them normally, but as soon as I want to use a seventh element the timeline freezes and I can't click on anything anymore. It doesn't matter if the seventh file is an adjustment layer, a video file, a sound file, an image, it doesn't matter at all. But as soon as I delete any of the seven elements from the project, no matter which one, everything works again immediately.

I have cleared the media cache, I have used older versions of Premiere. Then I tried once to create a new account on my Windows Pc with administrator rights. This is what a supporter from Adobe advised me to do. On the newly created admin Windows account I then ran Premiere, took seven image files from the internet and pasted them and there the problem did not occur. I don't know if it was because this time it was only image files from the internet, or if it really had something to do with the fact that I tried it with the new Admin Windows account. The nice Adobe supporter then told me that my Windows account was corrupted and that he couldn't help me and that I would have to contact Microsoft Support to have them fix my Windows account to solve the Premiere problem. I did so, but after many attempts with Microsoft Support, I still could not fix the problem. I even reset my entire PC (reset Windows) and reinstalled Windows. (With the option to keep all my private data, so no total reset). After that I also deleted my win.old folder, downloaded Adobe Creative Cloud again, installed Premiere and tried if the problem is still there. And it is still there. I am completely in despair. I reset my pc completely for nothing and now I have to invest hours to set up all programs and settings correctly again. I have an elgato streamdeck connected to the pc. Also an audio mixer (TC-Helicon GoXLR) but they have always been on my PC and have never caused problems when working with Premiere.

I just have no idea what to do, what is the problem here, where is this error coming from.

I'll add a video where you can see that at the beginning there are 6 elements in the project and everything works. Then I created a seventh element, an adjustment layer and after that you can see how nothing works properly. As soon as I delete any element and there are only 6 files again, everything works again.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - But the framerates of the video files are always the same in my projcets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: I just found out, when I minimize the window the problem with the 7 elements is gone and everything works fine??? But when I maximize premiere pro to "fullscreen" it has this problem omg? 

What is this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit Edit: I have 3 Monitors 

2x BenQ GL2450H Monitors  with 1920x1080 60hz

and my main Asus TUF VG27A 2560x1440 144hz 

When I maximize premiere pro on  both BenQ Monitors the problem is NOT there. Only when I maximize premiere pro window on the Asus Monitor this freezing are coming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that NVidia G-Sync/ AMD Freesync is off in driver control panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned Gsync Off but the problem is still there unfortunatley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try on/off "Mercury Transmit" option (Preferences > Playback > Enable Mercury Transmit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you I tried it, but problem is still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines