Highlighted

Premiere Pro Tutorial playback controls?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Premiere Pro, but not to video editing, so I thought I would go through the tutorials as a start. However, there don't seem to be any way to pause, fast forward, etc. Aren't there any controls for the tutorials? I'm on an iMac running macOS Mojave.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Tutorial playback controls?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Premiere Pro, but not to video editing, so I thought I would go through the tutorials as a start. However, there don't seem to be any way to pause, fast forward, etc. Aren't there any controls for the tutorials? I'm on an iMac running macOS Mojave.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you playing back video tutorials or loading tutorial projects in premiere?  if you're playing back videos, whatever app you're using will have playback controls.  If you're working with a premiere project, you should see playback controls beneat the source and program monitors and there are keyboard shortcuts for these functions. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am playing tutorials on the Adobe site. Ordinarily, when playing a video, there are clickable controls on the video. But after starting the "Create Project" tutorial, the only controls I can use are the ones on my keyboard. (I just discovered these after reading your reply, so I probably can do what I need with them. But I still wonder where the usual on-screen controls are.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the problem with controls is a Firefox problem. I tried using Safari and the controls appeared. There are still some problems with the "create-project-import-media" files which seem to be from a prior version of Premiere. When opened, they show missing files. Seems like this process is going to be more difficult than it should.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0