• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro two different resolutions?

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm working on a new Premiere Pro project and I have the following problem. I have two videos with two different resolutions and this gives the video with the lower resolution black bars. What can I do against it? 

Thanks for answers

Jaden

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing the lower resolution video is 4x3 aspect ratio and your higher resolution clip is 16x9.

The simplest solution is to 'scale' the 4x3 clip using the 'scale' control in the 'Effects Controls' panel -s o that you lose the black bars. The downside of this is you actually lose more resolution and part of the image. Use the 'position' control in the Effects Controls' panel to adjust the best framing once you filled the frame using 'scale'.

If you absolutely want to leave the 4x3 clip 'as is' you can also put it on any background you want i.e. another image, a colour or clip.

A popular approach is to duplicate the 4x3 clip in your sequence - select the clip, hold the 'alt' key (option on Mac) and drag the clip up in the sequence. You now have two identical clips. Now adjust scale on the lower clip in your sequence until it fills the frame, add a blur effect to the lower clip.

I just completed a 16x9 HD documentary with lots of historical war footage - all 4x3 and low resolution. Even though the quality was not great to start with, we still preferred the option of scaling the footage to lose the black frames.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Timeline get the resolution of first clip you put in there. If first clip has a bigger resolution then second (smaller) clip will not fill the frame so "empty" spaces will be black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines