Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro unable to load third party audio plugin

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

I have Premiere Pro CC 2019. I can't get Premiere Pro to open as it always ends up showing the error message: 'Premiere Pro is unable to load third party audio plugin...'. I have checked that the related folders in Library have 'read and write' priviledge. What else can I do to fix this problem please? Do I need to download audio plugin? or do these plugins come with the programme itself? 

Thank you so much,

Amy

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know if you solve this problem, thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't specify, just says third party audio plugin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any plug-ins in these directories?

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/

~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I don't have anything in this folder... Is that how it should be? If not, where can I find the plugins to put in there please? 

Thanks! 

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are two separate folders. One is in your User Library folder. If you're saying that there is a third party audio plugin, there should be a file in one of these folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply. The VST folder in my user Library folder is empty and in the system Library folder, there is only a HAL folder in the Plug-in folder. 

My Premiere Pro error message says it's not able to load third party audio plugins, so maybe my VST folder shouldn't be empty. How do I download these audio plugins to put into this folder and which ones should I download please? 

Thanks,

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to try doing a full uninstall and reinstall. There's no way to determine what file is missing and a reinstall should get everything installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amy,

We're sorry to hear about this. Please attach a screenshot of the error message that you are getting? Also, have you tried scanning the plugins from the Audio Plug-In Manager (Preferences > Audio > Audio Plug-In Manager)? Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

It doesn't fix it. It does the same thing, the same error. I have tried to reinstall premiere pro and the error still persists. 

But after that, adobe premiere seems to work perfectly fine, it is just boring to see that same error everytime I open it.

Here are some screenshots I take

1.png2.png3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same problem. Premiere Pro doesn't be open and a dialogue box says:

Unable to load third-party audio  plug-ins. Premiere Pro is unable to access your Preferences folder. Your user account may not have access rights, or the folder may have been set to Read only. Please check your permissions and try again.

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 15.07.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - same error message. Plugins exist, so there's some weird permissions issue happening.

What's the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed. On a mac - uninstalled / reinstalled, propagated permissions in apps and home dir. Took forever to scan 400 plugins (lol - don't judge me!) but no error message. Checked under preferences, and all plugins now enabled...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem when I log in to Premier Pro, i can dimiss it and all works fine except it has disabled my Preferences under the Premier Pro drop down menu.

Please could someone list out the steps to take to solve.

many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have the same problem still. i did uninstall premier pro and installed again but my Mac plugin folder is empty. And premier is unable to load all Apple AU plugins.

I have no idea what to do.

Kindly help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"propagated permissions in apps and home dir."

Hey, if you could let me know how to do this (in layman's terms), I would greatly appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you actually tell us how you fixed it? Which permissions? Your statement is too vague for us who haven't been able to solve it ourselves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you're here to help but never replied/helped?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

huh?  There are many people who have posted in this thread and I don't see any other posts from you.  Have you read and tried any of the suggestions?   Troubleshooting remotely is difficult and almost impossible unless you approach this is a systematic fashion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error code. The mentioned Preference folder does not exist, or I can't find it anywhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might check out digital rebellions promaintenance tools

https://www.digitalrebellion.com/promaintenance/

There's a plug in manager which allows you to choose which plugins will load or not.  

I got sick of premiere taking forever to load plugins that I never used...  worked for me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone foud a solution to this? Maddening. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere twice now, but the issue still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you checked with the 3rd party plugin manufacturer's to confirm that the versions you have are compatible with the version of premiere you're running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines