Highlighted

Premiere Pro Unsupported Video Driver

Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using adobe for years, now I get "unsupported video driver" on both my laptop, and on my main PC.

All my drivers are up to date.

V14 will crash with any kind of use at all.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Unsupported Video Driver

Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using adobe for years, now I get "unsupported video driver" on both my laptop, and on my main PC.

All my drivers are up to date.

V14 will crash with any kind of use at all.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What hardware are you using? And how old are your computers?

If the error messages are the result of using old and/or obsolete hardware, then I would not be surprised that Premiere Pro would crash with any type of work whatsoever. In this case, then, the only fix would be to completely uninstall 14.x and download and install 13.1.5 (aka Premiere Pro 2019) instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer has been running Adobe fine for a long time, and I was on version 13.

13 now crashes every time I open. (even though nothing has changed on my computer)

So I tried to update, to see if that would fix it, and 14 gives me compatibility warnings, even though nothing has changed.

Now I try 13 again, and it has started giving compatibility warnings.

You're not seriously suggesting that Adobe has updated the software so it will no longer work on computers is has been working on the day before?!

FWIW I have an i5 3570 (oc to 4500), on a P8Z77-V Pro running 32GB of RAM, 2x1TB SSD and Radeon R9 390 (4G).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suggesting that Adobe had updated its software significantly to make better use of newer features on newer hardware. Unfortunately, as you found out, it broke compatibility with hardware that's more than three years old. And your CPU is already almost eight years old at this point.

And as you discovered, even a company that's bigger than Adobe has faced this same dilemma: Either add new features to take advantage of newer hardware, or continue to support old outdated and/or obsolete hardware. One can't have it both ways.

Randall

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 1
Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fine, however what I can't understand is why they broke existing version.  Friday was working, Saturday it stopped working....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, so it's taken quite a bit of time to get here....but this is what I had to do.

Spent quite a bit of time on a support chat with Adobe, who did not think it was old CPU related.

They couldn't fix it, however an event message on my onboard Intel HD 4000 graphics driver led me to try disabling that card, and then the software started.

I took out the screen plugged into the onboard graphics, so now all 4 displays are going to the Radeon GPU.

I still get a warning on startup about the HD4000 (even though it's disabled), but at least it loads and runs (so far).

Both version 13 and version 14 work this way.

So basically some update resulted in the effect that simply having an older onboard GPU active, meant PP crashed.

This is a very bizarre kind of error, and given the software can run fine, is a sort of false positive in the detection, so some bad coding somewhere. (or more likely an edge case not considered)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with the HD Graphics 4000.  Everything worked fine until update and now this VERY annoying error message that I can't get rid of.  I did disable the device in Device Manager which seemed to work until the computer rebooted.  I'm sure there's a way of disabling any changes on reboot but it's an extreme, needless hassle.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what? The HD Graphics 4000 is now officially obsolete. It had already been EOSL'd by Intel itself back in May 2019, when the last of the Ivy Bridge CPUs dropped off support. And although a couple of security-patched drivers for the HD Graphics 4000 have been released since the official EOSL date, new security patches are unlikely to continue for these CPUs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 1