• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Unsupported Video Driver

Engaged ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using adobe for years, now I get "unsupported video driver" on both my laptop, and on my main PC.

All my drivers are up to date.

V14 will crash with any kind of use at all.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Engaged , Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Wow, so it's taken quite a bit of time to get here....but this is what I had to do.

Spent quite a bit of time on a support chat with Adobe, who did not think it was old CPU related.

They couldn't fix it, however an event message on my onboard Intel HD 4000 graphics driver led me to try disabling that card, and then the software started.

I took out the screen plugged into the onboard graphics, so now all 4 displays are going to the Radeon GPU.

I still get a warning on startup about the HD4000

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Here's an article with some troubleshooting steps to try if you are experiencing the error: https://videowithjens.com/premiere-pro-unsupported-video-driver/

Here is a video that may also help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Please get off 23.4, there was a significant bug in that version. 23.5 and 23.6 are both good. I'm running nvidia 536.99 and it's working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Both your CPU and GPU are now long obsolete. Both Intel and Nvidia had completely ended all driver support for your system's components several years ago, with the very last Nvidia driver for that 820M coming way back in March of 2018. That makes that 820M not a true 800-series GPU at all, but is actually a re-branded and slightly higher-clocked GeForce GT 620M, which itself is derived from a low-end GeForce 500-series mobile GPU which dated all the way back to 2011.

as a result, Premiere Pro wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You might not be meeting system requirements."

I'll have to check next time the laptop is lit up.

I'm probably not going to buy a new laptop, though, and I don't want to be editing with this warning banner flapping it wahoo, so for the moment, if this lets me do my projects without hassle, this'll probably be where I land on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so this does not get lost in all the comments... My fix for the "unsupported video driver" issue for a NEW Asus Laptop with RTX 2060 card despite laptop being up to date was the following: Did NOT use Windows update to check for a newer driver, but went straight to NVIDIA graphics card website. Found driver for 20XX graphics card notebook (RTX2060) and the graphic card, AND downloaded the GAME DRIVER, NOT the studio driver (tried that before without fix). Once downloaded, run, then open Premier and all good.  This may help some. See other comments for how to prevent PC from using outdated unsupported Intel graphics drivers and only use the dedicated graphics driver instead. 

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really solved my problem. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an article with some troubleshooting steps to try if you are experiencing the error: https://videowithjens.com/premiere-pro-unsupported-video-driver/

Here is a video that may also help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi After a Dell update, I have this error with Premire Pro last version (23.3), I installed the previous version 23.2 and I don't have this error anymore, I think Adobe should propose a new version compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, I downgraded to Adobe Premiere Pro to Version 23.4 and installed  NVIDIA T550 512.78 Driver Version fixed the error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please get off 23.4, there was a significant bug in that version. 23.5 and 23.6 are both good. I'm running nvidia 536.99 and it's working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MyerPj, yes you are right. After downgrade the application is hanging and fonts are messy so I decided to upgrade to 23.6. Work all good for the rest of the day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly! 2nd step of installing driver directly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can someone help me please 
3.09 MB of 6.26 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 820 cards are so old they are no longer supported. Those came out a full decade ago, in 2013.

Sorry, but it can't be used with Premiere at all. A fact of life in computer work. We've had computers in our business since the late '80's. I don't know how many we've been through, but it's been a lot. And in the decade I've been in pro video, not just pro stills, I've needed a new rig every four years at most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both your CPU and GPU are now long obsolete. Both Intel and Nvidia had completely ended all driver support for your system's components several years ago, with the very last Nvidia driver for that 820M coming way back in March of 2018. That makes that 820M not a true 800-series GPU at all, but is actually a re-branded and slightly higher-clocked GeForce GT 620M, which itself is derived from a low-end GeForce 500-series mobile GPU which dated all the way back to 2011.

as a result, Premiere Pro will become permanently locked to software-only everything (rendering, decoding and encoding) with absolutely no GPU acceleration at all whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all the drivers are up to date,

Stop the unsupported video driver error prompt from settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get that if the drivers and GPU are not up to the current requirement. No matter if the drivers are the latest for that card. So ...the essential part of the warning is actually still correct. It's out of date and won't be used. They could ... and should ... word it better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil has it down pat, in your case. If your GPU is obsolete because the GPU maker (Nvidia, AMD or Intel) discontinued support for it, then Premiere Pro will become permanently locked to software-only everything (no GPU usage whatsoever), and you may continue to receive unsupported GPU warnings even then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So then the answer would be to update the hardware, correct? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines