Highlighted

Premiere Pro Update Crashing Brand New iMac

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update on my 2019 iMac desktop (Catalina 10.15.7), Premiere has been basically unusable due to its extremely slow speed. I know Adobe programs have had some issues running on Catalina, but I've been able to use the last few updates with no problems. I have all the Premiere settings set properly for performance on my machine, based on this support community's articles. The last two times I've been working in Premiere, my entire computer went black and displayed crash reports. Help, please! 

Specs: 

21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Update Crashing Brand New iMac

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update on my 2019 iMac desktop (Catalina 10.15.7), Premiere has been basically unusable due to its extremely slow speed. I know Adobe programs have had some issues running on Catalina, but I've been able to use the last few updates with no problems. I have all the Premiere settings set properly for performance on my machine, based on this support community's articles. The last two times I've been working in Premiere, my entire computer went black and displayed crash reports. Help, please! 

Specs: 

21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

revert to the previous version of premiere for the timebeing.  If you had creative cloud delete it when you updated (never a good idea imho) you can still install it from the creative cloud app.   

And you should give us a more detailed report of your system specs including amount of RAM,  graphics card and source properties and sequence settings.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 1