Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm using the latest version of Premiere Pro, my PC specs are as follows:
- Intel i9 10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
- 64 GB RAM
- Good SSDs and M2s
- Windows 10

Until today I had never had this problem, but since yesterday it has happened, when I click on the spacebar and press play, the playback takes a few seconds to start, and premiere starts using all the RAM until the playback starts, after that the RAM goes back down and the video continues to lag.

Already tried:
- Uninstall Premier Pro and re-install
- Uninstall Encoder and re-install
- Delete After Effects Cache (I have some clips hosted)

Thank you friends

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Premiere Pro you use the BETA version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not, it's the version 15.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - try to open premiere by resetting all preferences

2 - Update all drivers and windows 10

3 - his version is very recent 15.4. I advise you to downgrade and see if the problem persists. if yes, it could be some corrupt system file issue. I suggest downloading the Adobe Cleaner Tool and taking the steps to cleanly uninstall the apps, look for traces of left files and delete. and reinstall the apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but unfortunately it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tatiana,

Sorry for the issue. Thanks for the system info, but we need more info on the media you are using. Please do so now and in future posts for better results. We aren't mind readers. 😉

Regarding the sudden issues occurring: Did you update the project and then the issues started? If so, I suggest creating a new project and then importing the legacy project into the new one. See if it functions better then. Does it? Let us know. Alternatively, you might want to complete the project in the previous version - many people do that, as well. As a rule of thumb, it is never a good idea to update your software when you are mid-project. Finish it first, then update is what I do.

Return with further info.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Kevin,

Sorry for the lack of info. I'm working with 4k 24fps 4:2:2 10 bit footage, also I have some clips that are connected to After effects.

I tried creating a new project, didn't work, no driver or system updates available, it feels like the project is too heavy for the pc, I created a sequence, added just a track with music and there was no problem there, the thing is, my PC can handle this edits easly (not considering the after effects clips, those lag a bit) and it was working great until yestedary, when it started out of nowhere. Btw, when I scroll through the timeline it scrolls with no problem

I have just finished rendering the holl edit in to out (about 31 min long), the "status" bar turned green and it still has a delay when I press play (About 10 seconds), RAM goes crazy and when it starts it lags, when I scroll through the timeline it scrolls with no problem.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines