• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro v.15.0 crashes when attempting to create a new project

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest available updated version of Premiere Pro (15.0) on the latest updated Windows 10 Pro OS using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti with the latest updated drivers (461.92). My screen is 3840 x 2160 (60Hz) with 300% (windows recommended) scaling.
Running a freshly installed Adobe Premiere Pro first I get a message that I should be using a resolution higher than 1024 x 768 (which I obviously am) and crashes when I try to create a new project.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

After a couple of support sessions, the only working solution was to go back to 14.0 version. I guess you can call this issue resolved then.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My screen is 3840 x 2160 (60Hz) with 300% (windows recommended) scaling.

By @dulajlo

That looks a bit much. I have same specs and display is set to 150%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My screen is 55', that might be the difference.

It doesn't really matter. I've removed scaling completely and it didn't matter. I've changed the resolution to 1024 x 768 it didn't help. I've also adjusted Adobe Premiere Pro to High Performance in Windows Graphics settings per instructions I've seen in another post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to do a clean Nvidia driver install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dulajlo,

If updating drivers via clean resinstall doesn't work, try deleting media cache and trashing preferences.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clean driver install and media cache purging did not help, unfortunately.

I'm attaching a crash log file. That might help to identify the issue. I'll be changing the extension of the file from .crash to .txt as the former is not supported for attaching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a couple of support sessions, the only working solution was to go back to 14.0 version. I guess you can call this issue resolved then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! A lot of seemingly wacky things tried by the OP.

You said: 'with 300% (windows recommended)'

Can you post a screenshot with 300% scaling and showing the 'recommended' next to it. I've never seen that before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resolution.PNG

It must be the combination of the large screen I'm using and the resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That so-called "solution" is only a band-aid fix. You see, Premiere Pro (and yes, even the 14.0 version) does not like any Windows display scaling to anything other than 100%. A scaling of that 4k display to 300% will end up reducing the effective resolution to only 1280 x 720! That's effectively too low to run or display Premiere Pro properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was offered an update on Premiere Pro earlier today and I accepted without thinking. Decided to test the 15.0 version with 100% scaling before rolling back to 14.0.

The popup message indicating I'm using the wrong resolution was gone even before I turned off scaling which led me to believe that they have patched the issue (because of my harassment of their customer support, of course) but... I was still not able to open and/or create a new project. Scaling or not.

Did a fresh install of 15.0, deleted media cache, and trashing preferences, just to be sure (no scaling in the process) but the result remained the same.

I'm starting to believe there might have been more issues in the mix. And, this is a longshot: Abobe Premiere might not like my folder sharing settings and that might be causing the issue. It's not the location of the project that is the problem tho (I tried several locations, different drives, even a flash drive), it might be the folder where the Premiere Pro is installed (C:\Program Files\Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting that screenshot. I've not seen before and still don't understand how 300% can be the 'recommended' settings. That's 'recommedation' (and a bad one) is usually the case for say a 4k screen on a laptop. But your 55" screen should be fine at 100%. And as noted above, adding scaling essentially just makes your high resolution screen a lower resolution screen. And obviously reduces screen 'real estate' something we all like.

PP is installed in the correct folder (C:\Program Files\Adobe), don't touch that, and don't put any files in there, unless you know why you are doing so. No projects, media, use files go in there. Just make a plain old folder off the root of the c: drive to test things.

If you reinstall Creative Cloud be sure to run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them:
Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines