Copied

Premiere Pro v14.6 crash when add track in timeline sequence

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Moderator note: This issue is usually triggered by hardware devices, for example, any control surface. If you have a color grading panel, jog shuttle gizmo, Loupedeck, audio mixer, or similar hardware, try unplugging it or disabling it. No hardware control surfaces? An After Effects user found that certain software plug-ins act like control surfaces, so they may need to be disabled or removed, as well. 

In the end they have helped me from Adobe. Here are the steps to follow to solve the proble

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen if you create a new project? if no try to import your current project into a new one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a new project is also happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and installed beta 14.8 and there it works without problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downgraded to version 14.5 and it also works perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me. Doesn't matter if I move a clip up to a new track or even if I create a new track (video or audio) from the drop down menu, it crashes. I have version 14.6 as well. Guess I need to downgrade too....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on 14.6 and was having the same issue. Every time I tried to add a track to my timeline, Premiere would just hang. I also had the issue with hearing the audio play while it's hung and not able to stop it.

I reverted back to 14.3.2 and can confirm that adding tracks works just like it's supposed to. I'm hesitant to try the BETA so I'll have to wait for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after some time with adobe chat support they did some stuff on my computer and fixed the problem. had something to do with the graphic card settings. try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the information. Now I'll take a look to see if I find any kind of conflict with the graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

do you know of any more details on the settings?

Frustration over here with constant crashes...

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator note: This issue is usually triggered by hardware devices, for example, any control surface. If you have a color grading panel, jog shuttle gizmo, Loupedeck, audio mixer, or similar hardware, try unplugging it or disabling it. No hardware control surfaces? An After Effects user found that certain software plug-ins act like control surfaces, so they may need to be disabled or removed, as well. 

In the end they have helped me from Adobe. Here are the steps to follow to solve the problem:

Step 1: Open Run command (Windows key + R key) -> type appdata in the box and enter -> go folder to Roaming folder -> go to Adobe folder -> there you will see the premiere pro folder, please rename this folder to premiere pro.old

Step 2: In this same list (where the premiere pro folder is) you will see the folder named common -> go to common folder -> there you will see three folders by the name of media cache, media cache files and peak files. Please move these folders to trash and then let me know.

Step 3: Please open C drive -> then go to documents folder in left panel -> go to Adobe -> there you will see the premiere pro , please rename this folder to premiere pro.old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this solution didn't work for me.

Hope they will update soon.

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you followed all the steps as it says? It is important to rename the folders with ".old", to regenerate new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did.

Strange that it doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the problem on two computers, and it has been solved on both. I'm sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy for you 🙂

I did just install Beta release and in that version the issue disappeared.

Although it could also be of the fact that Beat creates also fresh folders for prefs...

So that's a solution for me now.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this worked for me thank you! I just had to copy over the profiles folder in the documents folder to keep all my settings and shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for sharing this! Totally saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that adding a track causes instant crash. You can do this by adding a track via a menu or dragging a clip all result in instant beach ball. This is a catastrophic error for a professional editing system and makes the 14.6 iteration unuseable.

Mac Pro 2013 Catalina

Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 11.32.27.png

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just deleted media cache and all preferences and there has been no change. Adding a track by any method results in beach ball hand and requires a force quit. Critical bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently running the latest version of Premiere pro, and everytime I try and add a video track above Level 3, it crashes!

Happens on 2x Macbook Pro's, one running Big Sur and the other running the previous OS. Did NOT happen before the latest Premiere Pro update.

This happens both when right clicking and 'adding track' and when trying to drag a clip upwards to create one. 

I've deleted my prefs and emptied cache but still nothing. I'm forced to force quit otherwise I'm left with the spinning cursor until it eventually closes itself. 

Any ideas? I'm a professional struggling to get this project done by the end of the week.

Thanks in advance

Lew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to previous version and finish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines