Copied

Premiere Pro v14.6 crash when add track in timeline sequence

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Moderator note: This issue is usually triggered by hardware devices, for example, any control surface. If you have a color grading panel, jog shuttle gizmo, Loupedeck, audio mixer, or similar hardware, try unplugging it or disabling it. No hardware control surfaces? An After Effects user found that certain software plug-ins act like control surfaces, so they may need to be disabled or removed, as well. 

In the end they have helped me from Adobe. Here are the steps to follow to solve the proble

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same here. I can't insert, drag a new track down, or anything. I guess I'll have to create all of my projects with only 3 audio tracks.

It's like working with stone knives in bear skins. THANKS ADOBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check and double-check the audio hardware section of Pr's preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing wrong there... already figured it out... there is a bug in PP 14.6 with the Control Surface preference and will break adding any audio tracks and crash premiere if there are ANY Control Surface devices... I don't have a control surface specifically but I do have some plug-ins that act as a control surface to place items on the timeline I am guessing (Mister Horse, AE-Juice) ... So until Adobe fixes another one of their many bugs my workaround was to remove all of the items from the Preferences/Control Surface list and add necessary (+some extras) tracks and save a blank project with more tracks than I will ever need and use that as a template... then I restarted PP and then the Control Surfaces automatically get re-added and I can use the plugins... PIA and is really sad on Adobe's part as this bug renders Premiere unusable for the most part without my workaround... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting back about your plugins triggering the control surface bug just like hardware would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine still crashes without any control surfaces. How in the world editing software crashes by adding or deleting a track. C'mon Adobe. You can do better than this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this, I have had this issue since the update. I am using a LoupDeck control surface and tried your workaround, which worked perfectly as well as disconnecting the LoupDeck control surface, which also worked. Adobe needs to fix this immediately.  Please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I ahve no devices but still the crash keep ocuuring even after tring all solutions.

But what about this:

under Preferences / Device Control, I see this this option called: SSS/Mediacore/Devicecontrol/Fierewire//DVHDV_DeviceControl=DV/HDV Device Control

And why can "None" not be saved?
The above entry appears each time the presettings / device control are called up! I cannot put it to "none".

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens to me. It crashed 20 times already in 15 minutes. Adobe premiere is not reliable. So disappointing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here since 14.6. Since Adobe doesn't seem to care about this problem, I decided to investigate it myself.
It seems that this bug could be related to control surfaces.
I tried to remove my 2 control surfaces (BCF2000 & Loupedeck+) and I can add tracks again (I haven't tested the other bugs any further. because I need my control surfaces)

As soon as I got a control surface declared in Pr preferences, it crashes every time I add a new track.

Please Adobe correct this ASAP. Going back to 14.5...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brought a loupedeck + and got to the point where I thought I was going to have to send it back.... Found this thread and it saved the loupedeck from being returned, or being smashed violently against my desk.  I did the "fix" listed above, but it only worked as it uninstalled the loupedeck.  As soon as I plugged it back in it reverted to the same thing.  I also lost my custom workspace.. grr.  Now installed premiere 14.5 and the loupedeck is working without the bug.  Hope they fix this soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely the control surfaces. I ONLY had one plug-in in the control surface menu from https://studioplugins.net/  (specifically their transitions plug-in) and as soon as I removed it from the control surface menu, adding video and audio tracks immediately worked and there was no crashing. While I am relieved that things are back to normal and that I don't rely on that transition plug-in on a daily basis, this is a major bug that those of you who rely on control surfaces like loupedeck should not have to be dealing with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sergi,

Thank you. Your instructions work perfectly! One not of caution is to save any custom workspaces as these will be lost after this procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found another related bug.  If I try to resize a sequence with the loupedeck connected then premiere will also crash in the same way as adding a new track.  So, I tried to change the sequence from UHD (3840 x 2160) to full 4K (4096 x 2160).  Did this multiple times and crashed almost everytime.  Unplugged loupedeck, and no issue (this is in premiere 14.5 so annoyingly I have to unconnect every time I resize at the moment).  Footage was shot in 4k for UHD delivery so need to change sequence settings in nested clips so I can crop slightly if needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far the Loopdeck CT was working well in combination with Premiere.However Premiere crahes when I tried to add tracks. After diconnecting Loopdeck CT I could add tracks without a problm. As I like the Loopdeck I really hope Adobe will provide a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The minute I uninstalled my Loupedeck, the problem went away.

-Running Premiere 14.7 on macOs Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any insights on how this relates to a Loupdeck controller? Been having this happen a lot and its incredibly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just roll back to 14.5 or insdtall the beta,  My loupedeck is fine on either of those versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because the Loupedeck is a control surface. If you want to use the Loupedeck you will need to roll back unfortunately. I have a plug-in installed as a control surface and it's making it crash each time so I have to uninstall it to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been driving me crazy for a long time, and I have been using the beta exclusively for weeks because I couldn't get around the add-track crash.  I only found this thread last week, connecting that issue to my control surface.  I just updated to 14.8, and it appears that Adobe finally fixed this, because I can no longer reproduce that crash that used to happen every time I added a track.  And I was using my Loupedeck+ just fine during that test.  So I recomment 14.8 if you are a Loupedeck or other control surface user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same result. 14.8 fixes this issue. One bug I noticed in this version is color mattes show up occasionally as missing media. Other than that it seems to be a stable update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines