Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro v14.7 doesn't open on Mac

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

My Premiere Pro v14.7 isn't opening on my Mac OS Catalina v10.15.7. When I click the app icon in the tool bar it starts bouncing, but the app never opens. When I right click the icon it says "Application Not Responding". I have select 'Force Quit'. Sometimes I am unable even to 'Force Quit' the app and I need to hard shut down my computer. 

Is anyone else having this issue? Has anyone found a solution? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

How long did you wait for Pr to open? On my MBP running Catalina, sometimes it takes up to 30 seconds for the splash screen to appear, and then even longer for the main program window. This is especially true after an update. And the splash screen always appears on my laptop monitor even when the main program window shows up on my big second monitor.

If you think you have waited long enough, restart your computer from the Apple menu and then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long did you wait for Pr to open? On my MBP running Catalina, sometimes it takes up to 30 seconds for the splash screen to appear, and then even longer for the main program window. This is especially true after an update. And the splash screen always appears on my laptop monitor even when the main program window shows up on my big second monitor.

If you think you have waited long enough, restart your computer from the Apple menu and then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Yes I just had to wait a long time for the app to start. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines