• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro v14.8 Won't Open Project Files Without Me Having To Reset Preferences Every Time

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated my 15-inch MacBook Pro 2018 to BigSur along with Premiere to v14.8. 
Ever since I've done this, each and every time I open a Premiere Project file the application launches, the title screen pops up, the small gray window with the project file name pops up and attempts to start opening, and then the application freezes and stops responding. I force quit the application and re-open Premiere while holding down the alt key and reset the preferences, click the same project file to open... It opens no problem.

Obviously having to reset the preferences every time I open a project file is not ideal and also I'm a bit concerned that this will not always come to my rescue. Any solutions?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Adobe Premiere opens up with a spinning ball. The only fix is to force quit and open holding down the option key, resetting all preferences. Then I have to take a few minutes to set up all my preferences again. And I have to do this every single time I open Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David,

This article may fix this issue. Your preferences may not be accessible because of permissions, I think. It happens usually after you update macOS. 

If it does not, create a new project and import the old one into the new one. Tell us if these steps help or not. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines