• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Version 14 2020 Update CBR Ignored

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was testing on my PC and laptop version 14 of Adobe premiere and found out that CBR or constant bitrate is not working. multiple times I have rendered a video and a setting of 100 mbps with H.265 and H.264 at both 1080p and 4K and even 8K. but the export result is never matching up to the setting instead the rendered video is about 20 mbps when viewing in File Explorer. I bet version 14 is trying to save space sadly this is not how CBR is supposed to work.

The reason I export at a high bitrate is so that You Tube compression doesn't ruin it but now it doesn't seem to do more than the absolute necessary. I notice that no matter if the setting was VBR or CBR when both settings are set at for example 100 mbps and there is a still image on the screen the bitrate drops dramatically which is normal in VBR however even that is not supposed to drop below to target bitrate but for CBR this is not normal.

when I went back to version 13 this problem was fixed so please Adobe tell me what is going on?

Also after a render upon closing Premiere I get a crash and it asks to report the crash to Adobe.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an Intel CPU? If so, you have run up against the maximum bitrate limit of Adobe's implementation of the Intel QuickSync encoder. It has a maximum supported export bitrate of only about 50 to 60 Mbps. However, the 100 Mbps substantially exceeds the maximum supported total bitrate of the encoder. In such an instance, the encoder will default to a low VBR bitrate of about 15 to 20 Mbps.

The only way to fix that, unfortunately, is to switch the encoder export setting from "hardware encoding" to "software encoding."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said both laptop and PC. PC is 3900X Ryzen and Laptop is 9750H Intel both same issue on 14 and solved on 13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, 13.1.5 has the very same problem (this problem was introduced with the 13.1 version of Premiere Pro). 13.0 is now no longer available for download via the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry ill be more specific. Version 13.1.5 has it fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm...

I cannot reproduce the problem in my system, with Premiere Pro 14.0.1. My "100 Mbps" export came out at about 96 Mbps, on average. And the so-called "CBR" mode in the H.264 and H.265 encoders is not truly CBR regardless of the description. It is a VBR - but with a much smaller difference between the minimum and the maximum bitrate of the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you mostly use still images? then it happens more extreme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I used was strictly video content. No still images.

If still images were used, then all bets are off. I had 13.1.5 when I used an old i7-4790K, and when I threw in a still image, then my bitrate will always default to some lower VBR bitrate, depending on my export profile or level settings (Main or High profile, Level 4.x or 5.x).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen_1.mp4 was done on version 14.0.1 at the exact same settings as screen.mp4 except screen.mp4 was done on version 13.1.5. Both settings were 50mbps

explorer_9uYDwbIaQQ.png

explorer_dZavQQW2vI.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure about that? If so, then something must have been messed up in your 14.0.1 installation. For example, the custom preferences in your older version might not have been fully compatible with the newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000% sure. already reinstalled and also already cleared prefs on premiere and encode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing the exact file(s) and content that you were trying to transcode, I cannot be sure what might have caused this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shall upload 2 files to youtube. One done in 13.1.5 and one in 14.0.1 ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't send anything to YouTube at this time. You see, YouTube will re-compress all content upon uploading.

Instead, send one of the Adobe techs a copy of the original content plus your encoded files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok bad news. now suddenly same thing is happening to 13.1.5. im gonna uninstall clear all prefs again and ill see first on 13.1.5 then 14.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!  I am trying to export some H265 files at a CBR of 38.  I have an i3 and Nvidia TI.  I am still getting VBR even with a rate as low as 38.  Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the why or whether some encoders are diffeerent than others, but I suspect that there is no difference between PR versions. If a still image requires only x pixels to encode it as uncompressed, then the encoder must not be adding extra pixels just to pad the export. In exporting from 2019.1.5, my sequence of all stills (1920x1080) allowed setting to CBR 100 (once I increase the level to 6.0), but only exports it at about 10. When I use a video, it uses all 100.

Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines