Premiere Pro video plays incorrect audio

Participant ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this has happened to me before and I've been able to correct it.  But not this time.  What happens is I open a project that I have been working on and I preview the video (basketball footage) and the audio is incorrect.  When I open the video in Windows Explorer, it plays perfectly.  In the past, it would be issues with the conformed audio files.  I could go into the file folder "Adobe Premiere Pro Audio previews" inside the project, delete the files, and then reopen the project in PP and it would re-conform the audio from the video files and everything would be back to normal.  Here's where it gets weird.  When I open the project file folder there are NO other file folders.  In a typical project file folder, you will have subfolders such as Adobe Premiere Pro Audio Preview Files, Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save, and Adobe Premiere Pro Video Previews.  But not in this project file.  I cannot find them anywhere.  I even went into the project preferences and it says that both audio and video preview files are stored in "Same as Project."

But I cannot find these magical pixie-dust audio conformed files anywhere.  I just went ahead and rebooted.  This time when I opened the project file, it started conforming the audio files.  When I previewed the first video file the audio matched the action and I thought I had it fixed.  So I let PP conform all the audio files.  But now after it was done, the audio files don't match the action in the video.  Does anyone know where these files could be stored?

I even deleted the first video file from the timeline and from the project and hit save.  Then when I re-added the same video file, the audio does not match.  Next, I tried opening it in PP Beta to see if it would re-conform the audio from the video files.  It did...but with the same stupid result.  I even created the file folders listed above and change the project settings for scratch disks and it still did not store those audio and video previews in these folders.  I CANNOT find them anywhere.

Then videos that clearly show the waveform in the audio do not play any audio at all???

I really, really, really do not want to start over with a new project because I had edited hours and hours of footage from numerous basketball games, volleyball games, and soccer games.  That would suck big time.

I have noticed an issue but don't know how to correct it.  I have multiple video files with the same name in the same project.

So any insight you have is greatly appreciated.

Randy

PS  You can see in the picture I attached, in the first 00025.mts video file that there is no audio track on the right channel.  Plus you can see at about 00:00:04:00 where the audio drops out and then the audio matches the video from here on out.  In the second clip (00025.mts) there is no audio waveform on the right channel and the audio doesn't even match the video at all (it's from one of the other 00025.mts files).

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Participant , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021
Here is the video that helped me also...Harry Chrisp's YouTube channel had a video. https://youtu.be/kuDpbR_LGKw

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver).

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peru Bob!  I reset workplaces (don't know what that was going to do) and it didn't work.  Next, I reset the preferences and that didn't work either.    

Then I actually did a little research after I did some thinking.  I knew those conformed files HAD TO BE stored somewhere on my hard drive.  So in my research, I found that (for WHATEVER reason) Adobe can store these files deep in C:\Users\Milli\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common in file folders Media Cache, Media Cache Files, Peak Files, Team Projects Cache.  So I went in and deleted them all.  Then when I reopened the project, I let the program conform all of those video/audio files and it worked.  Unfortunately, and again for WHATEVER reason, it stored those files back in this same location instead of the customized location I set up under File\Project Settings\Scratch Disks.

So I still don't know why it keeps storing these cached files there but I'm so happy that it is finally the correct audio with the correct video.

Thanks,

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the video that helped me also...Harry Chrisp's YouTube channel had a video.

https://youtu.be/kuDpbR_LGKw

There's a bug in Adobe Premiere Pro (well... many of them actually but this particular one is) where it'll link incorrect audio to and AV clips in the source a...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Randue,

You can avoid this issue by importing clips via Media Browser, not File > Import. That way, the proper metadata can be imported alongside the media.

Cheers,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines