• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro video takes days to proccess

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a video that is about 2 minutes long, and it takes forever to export. My laptop eventually shuts down because of its inefficient battery life. What do i do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

YOu cannot run PrPro on your system let alone render a video.

The program requirs 16 gig of ram, yours is 2............

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, to have any idea what to suggest, we need a lot more info on that laptop ...

OS/CPU/RAM/GPU/vRAM, the number and type of disc/drives used and how connected (internal, external via USB2,3, or Thunderbolt- whatever), how much space is on the drive you're trying to export to (PrPro needs 4-5 times final file size free just to make the export) ... the media involved, and what third-party plugins/tools may have "touched" it, along with the settings used for the export. That last, especially, would be great in a screen-grab of your export settings dialog box drag/dropped onto your reply box.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my premiere pro video can only be exported at a 255x333 resolution now. I can't change the resolution and it can only go more bad quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My processor is intel Petunium cpu n3510 199 ghz and 199 ghz. I have had problems with this laptop and runs things bad. it is 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOu cannot run PrPro on your system let alone render a video.

The program requirs 16 gig of ram, yours is 2............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot export videos? My YouTube fans are demanding a video and I have had trouble exporting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to purchase better hardware, or hire someone who has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Edit: Got a rtx 2060 we good now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like Neil said, we need more information about your system, however, I would not ever recommend rendering without plugging your laptop in on an FX-heavy project. Rendering taxes your system resources heavily and battery life is almost always an issue unless you are rendering a very simple project. Extremely slow renders can be so many things as mentioned by Neil. More info is always better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it now completely freezes up when exporting and i have tried 3 times in one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first thought is Step 4 below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines