• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro video Unsupported Video Driver

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Premiere Pro a few weeks ago and it's been working fine, but all of a sudden I get a compatibility report saying that my laptops NVIDIA & Intel Video Drivers are both 'Unsupported'.  

In addition to this, when I load an existing project, all the video & audio gets distorted and any new video I import is also distorted, the original files work fine.

Both of my drivers are up to date with the latest available versions, is there anything I can do? Do I have to get a newer computer? My laptop is only from 2017.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• What graphics cards do you have in the computers?
  • What operating system(s) are you using?
  • What version of Premiere Pro did you start with and what version is installed now?
  • Please describe "distorted" in more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 & an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M,

I'm using windows 10, idk what version of Premiere I have, I just got it for the first time a month ago.

and by 'distorted' I mean that the audio is in poorer quality, the imported videos are all coloured either bright green or red, with frames later in the video being superimposed onto the earlier frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older Intel/nVidia video hardware is no longer supported
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/system-compatability-error/td-p/11131207?page=1
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/adobe-premier-pro-2020-is-not-support-for-nvidia-geforce...

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
••for Premiere Pro use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
•••such as https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have the driver you've suggested, it seems that I just can't run premiere pro on my computer.

I'm certainly not going to go to an earlier drive version, this is really inconvient,

thanks for the help anyways

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how:

Some of the laptops from 2017 come with very old generation GPUs to begin with. Yours might have come with a Kepler-generation GPU whose support had been terminated by Nvidia itself back in 2019, with the very last driver version dating from April of that year. Or (less likely) it came with a Fermi-generation GPU whose support had been terminated in 2018!

And even if your laptop has a GPU that's technically still supported by Nvidia itself, that GPU may be of the first-gen Maxwell architecture whose CUDA support had been depreciated in the newer drivers. And those are the very same newer drivers that Adobe now requires just to even be deemed "compatible."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kamilio,

Sorry. I believe the whitelist for the System Compatibility Report just got updated. So, that would explain the newer warning about your computer system. Check system requirements for potential conflicts.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked out https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/ca/premiere-pro/system-requirements.ug.html

and it looks like I have all the neccesarry requirements to run the program, the video driver I have isn't in the 'reccomended' list but it doesn't say it's required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the studio driver is recommended there is no studio driver for the 960M.

Try the latest game driver: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/170313/en-us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That GTX 960M is now no longer supported any more in any version of Premiere Pro that's newer than version 14.3. You see, the required driver version has depreciated CUDA support for anything that's older than the second-gen Maxwell GPUs in the GM2xx chip range. Unfortunately, the GTX 960M uses a first-gen Maxwell chip, the GM107, whose support is now restricted to CUDA 10.1 level even though that laptop is running CUDA 11.2 software. Premiere Pro 14.5 and later now requires full hardware support for CUDA 10.2 or higher just to even run properly or be supported.

In other words, your GPU is now on the brink of obsolescence. And a future release of Premiere Pro may very well permanently disable all hardware acceleration - CUDA, NVENC and NVDEC - with that legacy GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines