Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro will not always save a capture

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not happen every time.

I can capture via a Black magic card  but sometimes I do not get the option to save (after pressing escape) so footage lost and I have to start again.  Annoying if long capture.

Loads of raid H/d space. Sometimes it works sometimes not. All software fully updated.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me many times as well, even on standard FireWire captures. I stopped using the capture feature in Premiere Pro and used other tools. For FireWire captures i used ScenalyzerLive and never lost a capture.

For Blackmagic Design cards, use Blackmagic Design Media Express that you already have installed. You won´t regret ditching the capture feature in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for that answer I will try that ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it today seems ok can't quite work out how to save the capture yet!!!

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it today seems ok can't quite work out how to save the capture yet!!!

There was some time ago i used Blackmagic Design Media Express but if i remember correctly the file is continuously written to disk while capturing meaning that when done capturing the file is already by default saved to disc. So there is nothing to save since the file has already been written to disk and that´s the biggest difference between Premiere Pro and other capture apps.

To find the file/s:

In Blackmagic Design Media Express, go to Edit > Preferences and look for "Capture audio and video to:". In the folder you find there is where your files are and they can be found with any file explorer. You can change that file path as well to a folder that may be better/more preferred than to capturing to the system disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I contacted Adobe and they tell me there is a known bug in Premiere Pro but do not know when/if it will solved.

Looks like I will have to switch to Blackmagic software which I'm told is a very good program and of course you only buy it outright ONCE. Or use the FREE version whioch is hardly any different.   Then I can stop paying this high monthly fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines