• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro will not export, fails at render.

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new install on a new Windows 10 box, Dell Optiplex running an AMD Raedon R7 350X, and I am experiencing slow/no rendering on all PP video windows, the clip panel, sequence panel and render panel, plus when I export the process often (75%) fails to start. I have to close PP and restart. I am working exclusively with f4v files and I am simply creating a sequence by clipping the original file, making the clip the sequence and then exporting. Not using any effects or making any adjustments to the source video except editing out the clip.

Russell Lawson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Neil and Jim are correct - Flash files are meant for delivery, and not to be re-edited again.

For non-TriCaster users, the .fv4 file is automatically saved when live-streaming and is a copy of the streamed video that was generated by Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder used in TriCaster. It is just a back-up copy of the stream.

TriCaster has a built-in record function. I would recommend using that, then edit and convert that file, which is of a much higher quality to start with. Default is a QuickTime

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is creating those f4v files?

If you put a 'standard' codec, something mov or mp4 or whatever on a sequence, does that play/render/export properly?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil -

The files are generated by our Tricaster 40 video system as a byproduct of our streaming Sunday services. I may misunderstand your question, but I am exporting to a wmv in a standard codec native to the export dialog in Premiere Pro. I am doing nothing at all to the sequence after it is clipped from the longer file except this export process. The other export choices you mention produce the same delay/fail rate. The Quicktime option is particularly slow and the MPEG option sets a strange file extension (.3gp) that my media players do not recognize.

Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What MPEG2 and AVI options are available for recording on the TriCaster?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are not attempting to record in a specific format, we're just using the Tricaster for live streaming. I'll check those settings, but our Sunday broadcast capture is limited to the f4v, I'm pretty sure. The Flash file is an Adobe invention and should be successfully handled by the Premiere Pro product. No issues with the import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

our Sunday broadcast capture is limited to the f4v

Then you need a new way to record.  Those files just aren't suitable for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell me about it. Still, need to work within the limits of our current system. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil and Jim are correct - Flash files are meant for delivery, and not to be re-edited again.

For non-TriCaster users, the .fv4 file is automatically saved when live-streaming and is a copy of the streamed video that was generated by Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder used in TriCaster. It is just a back-up copy of the stream.

TriCaster has a built-in record function. I would recommend using that, then edit and convert that file, which is of a much higher quality to start with. Default is a QuickTime .mov file. Been some time since I used a TC40, but you *may* have an option to record direct to H.264 and that would also be better than messing with the Flash file. Might need the v2 upgrade for H.264 option.

Regarding current .fv4 files that may be your only copy, please read about conversion below, from TC40 User Guide:

Enable the Archive File switch in the Server control group, and supply a file name in the adjoining field. A folder is automatically created (at D:\Media\Clips\sessionname\SavedStreams) to receive the captured stream file. (Note, this option is not shown for Browser-based connections since archival service is commonly offered by the CDN in that case.)

Hint: If you’re not intent on live streaming, but wish to capture a live switching session, you would likely record at full resolution using the Record button (rather than Stream). The high quality captured files can then be used later in TriCaster’s DDR, edited in SpeedEDIT™, or even be transferred to another computer (even on a different platform) for external processing or editing. Important note: F4V format files written by Adobe® Flash Media Encoder are incompatible with most video playback applications (even those from Adobe).

The developer has explained the situation at the URL below: http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-media-server/kb/mpeg-4-f4v-files-recorded.html

Unconverted F4V files imported will not play in TriCaster’s DDR either. Conveniently, TriCaster can automate the conversion for you to a degree. If you locate the folder named Media\Clips\sessionname\SavedStreams on your primary session drive, you will see the “raw” (unprocessed) streaming file(s) and a batch file (.bat) that can be used to convert all files in that folder. Simply double-click the .bat file to initiate processing. (Note that processing can take some time, so don’t do this just before a production.) Output files will be placed in the same folder after conversion.

Hint: The .bat file supports several additional features if employed with command line switches. A readme file located in the same folder provides details of these alternatives. If you prefer to perform this post-processing on another computer, you can transfer the raw files to it and use the Adobe F4V Post Processor tool, available from the URL below (requires an account to login): https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?event=custom&sku=FS0000522&e=fms35

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Certified TriCaster Operator

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am grateful for this thorough explanation. As you might expect from my comments earlier, we have been using Tricaster in only the most basic way for church services, and our producers are volunteers and of varying degrees of skill, so we try and keep their operations at the most simple level. Prior to getting Premiere Pro, we were doing these edits on YouTube after uploading the raw file to our channel. But recently YouTube lost the ability to edit files over one hour long, and our services routinely exceed that length. From your instructions, we can create a new process that should be a significant improvement for our local editing.

Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines