• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro will not play videos and crashes when closed

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/2DlZVjZQe8Y (video of issue)

I have uninstalled premiere pro and reinstalled and it hasnt fixed it. I put in a video on the timeline and the yellow bar at the top of where the video is located does not show up. I also cannot play the video. When I "x" out the application crashes. It crashes every time I do that. It saves properly with no errors but the application crashes when I close it. My pc specs are above what is needed or recommended. I have a ryzen 7 3700x and an rx 5700 xt with 16 gigs of ram. I am using Premiere Pro version 14.8. 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Check / Update or Roll back youir vido driver to the latest STUDIO driver, there is a known issues with the game drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check / Update or Roll back youir vido driver to the latest STUDIO driver, there is a known issues with the game drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. how do I do that?

2. will it effect my gameplay and how my pc runs? I still want to game on this pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download the driver from NVidia,

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/167759/en-us

During the install, check the box for a 'clean' install. You can still play games. But continue to use the studio driver going forward if you want to use PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines