Premiere Pro has been working fine... I just changed Preferences/Timeline to allow for a scrolling timeline on playback. After that, I started playback and observed the expected scrolling timeline... however, I cannot stop playback now. My last proj save is about 5 minutes ago... probably okay if I kill the process but would like to avoid that... it's a lengthy sequence so the alternative is to wait like an hour LoL .
Note, I enabled scrolling playback because paging playback was not working... it is usually fine. I'm thinking my long sequence is the problem. I tend to see issues when I get into multi-hour sequences that I sometimes use for reviewing footage into a rough cut.
Any thoughts on how to interrupt this playback? I tried Control-Break but no dice... it appears the Premiere UI is stuck so looks like I won't be able to interrupt it with a UI control or space bar.
Running latest 14.2.0 build 47. Multicam arranged from 2 Sony a6500 at h.264 1080p50fps clips in 25fps timeline. Project files and media pulling from externa LaCie HDD. Playback at 1/2 speed, high quality playback turned off.
Premiere running on Dell XPS15 without external monitor
Intel 7700HQ base 2.8GHz
NVIDIA GTX 1050 8gb
Cuda Enabled and also Hardware acceleration enabled, latest drivers and windows updates installed.
This was not a solution for me. Very Very frustrating!
still no fixes from Adobe. It renders my editing station absolutely useless.
This seems to have improved it a small bit for me, but similar issues still occur. Are there any other recommended solutions? Thank you so much!
October 17, 2020 - still happening. First time. I didn't make any changes to preferences; it just started all of a sudden during editing. Rebooted, turned off PC then restarted - didn't help. Cleared caches - didn't help. HEEEELLLLPPPPP!
Also Trying to get Premiere to stop playing back when i hit stop....
14.6.0 (Build 51)
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Big Sur 11.0.1
Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i9
Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
Memory: 32 GB
Hey there. Just wanted to share my experience.
I had the same issue, a fairly complex sequence with many effects an premiere wouldn't stop playing for over a minute each time! (Max. frustrating when you automatically hit the Spacebar after doing sth. to look at it).
Parts of the sequence worked fine in another project... so i tried to recreate the problem.
Turns out: I had an audio track (musicvideo) underneath the whole sequence, that i had locked... you know, cutting the video without accidentally moving the music...
As soon as i unlocked the audio track, premiere would play the smoothly as... IT REALLY F***NG SHOULD!!
Maybe that helps some of you... these bugs still drive me crazy in a "professional" program i pay for every month...
Thank you for this idea. I will try it. Hopefully, it will be a useable work-around.
I had another thought--haven't tried it yet: Frequently, running and mp4 or mov files through Handbrake can clean up various random appearing glitchy timing and sync issues. Is it possible that one or more of the clip sources needs "cleaning"?
This starting happening to me to, on Widows 10 with v14.7. No multicam, but it's a long sequence with a lot of layers. I adjusted the work area to be just the section I was working on instead of the whole timeline and it seems to have stopped it, at least for now.
I am a long time Premiere Pro user and I keep having this problem. I'm currently on Windows but have had the problem on Mac for 8+ years.
The hardware is more than adequate.
I have tried all the recommended solutions, sometimes with success sometimes without.
Even done even the pram/vram voodoo non-sense on MacOS 😉
My current best solution that works most often is the following:
Even though it solved my current problem, it's time for me to switch to DaVinci Resolve. I can't afford to use a non-functional software just before a deadline.
Thanks for your suggestions.
When I ran my imported clips through Handbrake and then reimported them, things seemed to work a lot better.
That implies that it was some kind of timecode hell or something like that. I'm no video jock, but that solved my problem