Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Won't Open Projects

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am a support tech in the IT department for our company. We have a user that is having issues opening projects. If Premiere is open and she tries to open a project through there, it will load but just show a black screen. If she tries to open the files directly from the hard drive, it will attempt to load and the spinning rainbow wheel will appear. That is as far as it goes.

She is using a Mac Book Pro that was recently updated to Mojave. She is also a new employee with the company using the previous employees Mac Book. I was not aware of any issues the previous employee was having. I tried removing and reinstalling the program, still no fix. Also tried a permission fix that I found on here, didn't help. I know that it isn't an issue with the files because we were able to open in Premiere on a different Mac Book running the same OS

I don't know much about the program, I never have used it.

Any suggestions will be very appreciated!

Best,

Clinton

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clinton,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please try to reset app preferences (FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?) and clean cache ( FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files? ) to isolate any cache or preference corruption issue.

Hope it helps, let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sumeet Kumar Choubey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Clinton!

Were you able to help out your user? Please let us know if resetting app preferences worked! If it didn't, we'd love to find you another option.

Thanks!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Caroline and Sumeet!

Although I'm not Clinton, I was encountering a similar issue and after both clearing the cache and resetting preferences, everything is working perfectly.

Much appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too have the same issue with all projects I have, tried clearing cash and reset preferences as instructed below. Still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines