• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro won't play/preview video footage

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spooling through and/or playing a video/audio file either in a sequence or from the project folder won't work. It displays either one single frame from the video or the yellow "Media pending" image. I have checked my audio hardware settings, which are in order, and I have also tried restarting the program, then my computer, and then reinstalling Premiere Pro only to find out I still have the same problem. I also tried to pre-render the sequence, which made Premiere crash.

Any ideas what I can to do fix this problem? I have this project due in three days 😕

premiere wtf.PNG

prerender.PNGpremire wth 2.PNG

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work ,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please try these steps and check if it's working.

If you are

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Inspired by another site to provide this solution. Let me know if it is helpful.

What Causes Adobe Premiere Pro To Have Problems Playing Back Footage Well?

Prior to attempting a fix for the Premiere Pro won’t play video issue, you should know some of the basic reasons as to why footage won't playback.

• Your hardware doesn't meet system requirements.
  • Media Files containing a Variable Frame Rate (screen captures, game streams, mobile devices) are not well supported.
  • Corrupt media cache files.
  • Outd

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work ,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !

I've been struggleing for hours with this freeze situation on a brand new install. The workspace reset solved the issue/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, re-setting the Saved layout works! Thank You so much! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too! So weird that resetting the workspace fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for my issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File --> Project Settings --> General

What is the "Renderer" set to? It should be either OpenCL, or CUDA
I suspect that currently it is set to "Software only" and your system is a bit weak to handle it.

Can you share with us your full system specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The renderer is set to OpenCL. I am working on a Huawei Matebook X Pro with an 8th Gen i7, NVDIA Geforce MX150, 16GB RAM, and a 476 GB SSD.

renderer.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me your sequence settings does not match the footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is CUDA an option at the drop down of the renderer? if yes, please select it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem on the exact same laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please try these steps and check if it's working.

If you are still facing the issue, we would need more info to troubleshoot it further. Please let us know if you are facing this issue with any specific media type. If so, please provide the media properties for those files. Let us know. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

I have already done all the steps you mentioned above. But I am trying to render since yesterday, it takes forever and it is not even halfway through. And when I even try to edit a bit I have to spend a lot of time rendering in order to preview what I even have done. Can you please tell me what else I can do? I have attached a picture for you to see. Thanks in advance. Premiere Bug.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.  Nothing would playback and I did all the steps everyone was saying.  Under the wrench in the program window I deselected "Enable Transmit" and it started working just fine.  Not sure where it is trying to transmit the video to, but I have other monitors attached right now.  I think it just got stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to 

Edit-->prefrences-->Audio hardwaare

change (Device class) from ASIO to MME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Omar, 

I have been struggling with this for MONTHS. I have tried absolutely everything everyone has suggested, and then I did what you suggested and it now works.  THANK YOU so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! That's exactly what finally solved my problem - thanks1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy crap. I have been struggling with this issue for literal months and this just fixed it. I do not know why that just fixed it, but this answer needs to be highlighted so that more people know this is something that does work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only option that shows on my macbook under (Device Class) is CoreAudio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me as well... only have core audio as an option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get audio on MME drivers, only ASIO drivers get audio but then it won't play. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhhh. It was really terrible problem for me. I was need to transfer my video from next 2 hours and this playback problem appears!!! After all searching and manipulations i can say that CACHE CLEAN can some times really help your work, even when its only up to 30mb. It was the last what i did and everything starts to work corrects. Thank you.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case this problem was solved by going into preferences, playback and video device. I have NDI installed on my machine and for whatever reason, Premiere Pro selected output to NDI instead of Adobe DV. By switching to Adobe DV the problem was resolved.Timeline won't play.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines