Highlighted

Premiere Pro won't playback video, but audio playback works

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running OSX 10.15.6 now.  Just updated and it didn't fix the issue.

I tried removing Premiere and resinstalling.

I tried fixing all the permissions.  I cleared the cache.  Tried multiple pieces of media.

All the same media works fine in After Effects but when trying to playback in Premiere the play head doesn't move.  Audio will play tho, and I just see one frame of video.  Scrubbing the video works fine...  I tried all the video playback engines, everthing I could think of.... Has something changed in premiere to make playback work...?  

Also, I have 2019 MB Pro with the 4GB Radeon Pro card.  2TB storage.  I can't do all my edits in AE and Rush isn't my cup of tea.  I want to use Premiere !  Any help super appreciated.

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro won't playback video, but audio playback works

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running OSX 10.15.6 now.  Just updated and it didn't fix the issue.

I tried removing Premiere and resinstalling.

I tried fixing all the permissions.  I cleared the cache.  Tried multiple pieces of media.

All the same media works fine in After Effects but when trying to playback in Premiere the play head doesn't move.  Audio will play tho, and I just see one frame of video.  Scrubbing the video works fine...  I tried all the video playback engines, everthing I could think of.... Has something changed in premiere to make playback work...?  

Also, I have 2019 MB Pro with the 4GB Radeon Pro card.  2TB storage.  I can't do all my edits in AE and Rush isn't my cup of tea.  I want to use Premiere !  Any help super appreciated.

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jasonv26766823,

Sorry to hear about this. We can get this checked. Please send us a screenshot of the Audio Hardware Preferences window of Premiere Pro. Also, have you tried creating a Bars and Tone clip (File > New > Bars and Tone) and checked if it's playing back properly?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines