Highlighted

Premiere Pro won't use GPU for rendering - Extreme long render times

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my renders requiring massive amounts of time just to finish a 30 second clip.

I am trying to render a portion of my project (render in to out) because the effects cause lag and slow my pc down quite a bit.

So far i've tried updating my GPU drivers, deleting media cache, deleting my preferences, setting power to maximize performance, changing sequence settings to quicktime prores 422, updated Windows..

I've also contacted Nvidia and with them i tweaked some settings through the Nvidia control panel ( i don't know what i exactly did to be honest). These fixes only had little effect on 'estimated time left' on the render tab. 

None of the aforementioned fixes have had any impact on Premiere's GPU usage. It will try to use 100% of the CPU and uses 0% of the GPU. Renderer is set to CUDA

In the project i am using some heavy effects such as warp stabilizer, lumetri, channel blur, Noise. I have a medium-range GPU (GeForce MX250) so i take into account that rendering on my laptop will take longer but i don't think 35+ hours for a 30 second clip is normal. I've never actually fully rendered the scene but i wouldnt be surprised if it would require infinity to finish, as the timer exponentially cranks up the estimated time left.

Windows 10 version 1903

64-bit Intel i7 8th gen processor (1.80Ghz)

12 GB of RAM

GPU1: Intel UHD Graphics 620

GPU2: Nvidia GeForce MX250

Premiere Pro version 14.3.2.

I am using both MP4 files and MOV files in my project.

I would love to finally have this issue resolved so all help is very much appreciated.

Topics

Error or problem, Export, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro won't use GPU for rendering - Extreme long render times

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my renders requiring massive amounts of time just to finish a 30 second clip.

I am trying to render a portion of my project (render in to out) because the effects cause lag and slow my pc down quite a bit.

So far i've tried updating my GPU drivers, deleting media cache, deleting my preferences, setting power to maximize performance, changing sequence settings to quicktime prores 422, updated Windows..

I've also contacted Nvidia and with them i tweaked some settings through the Nvidia control panel ( i don't know what i exactly did to be honest). These fixes only had little effect on 'estimated time left' on the render tab. 

None of the aforementioned fixes have had any impact on Premiere's GPU usage. It will try to use 100% of the CPU and uses 0% of the GPU. Renderer is set to CUDA

In the project i am using some heavy effects such as warp stabilizer, lumetri, channel blur, Noise. I have a medium-range GPU (GeForce MX250) so i take into account that rendering on my laptop will take longer but i don't think 35+ hours for a 30 second clip is normal. I've never actually fully rendered the scene but i wouldnt be surprised if it would require infinity to finish, as the timer exponentially cranks up the estimated time left.

Windows 10 version 1903

64-bit Intel i7 8th gen processor (1.80Ghz)

12 GB of RAM

GPU1: Intel UHD Graphics 620

GPU2: Nvidia GeForce MX250

Premiere Pro version 14.3.2.

I am using both MP4 files and MOV files in my project.

I would love to finally have this issue resolved so all help is very much appreciated.

Topics

Error or problem, Export, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since I have very different hardware, I can only make a couple of shots in the dark.  12 gigs of RAM is not alot.  Can you add more ram.  And from reading posts here,  there can be issues with premiere working with 2 graphics cards.    Might do some googling on this issue.

Have you checked your hardware against the minimum specs for premiere?

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your laptop running on battery power? If so, there's part of your problem. You see, ALL mobile CPUs throttle down the CPU clock speed so heavily on battery power, often to the point that it's too slow to be usable at all for video editing. And this is because ALL recent mainstream Intel CPU architectures are based on a tweaked-over-and-over-again variant of the Skylake CPU architecture that dated back five years, to the 6th-Generation CPUs. Your CPU has 4 cores and 8 threads, but its maximum sustainable all-core clock speed is much, much lower than a 6th-Generation desktop i7 CPU such as an i7-6700. While the desktop 6700 can sustain 3.8 GHz on all four cores, your U-series 8th-Gen CPU cannot sustain more than about 2.4 GHz under even the best of conditions (when permanently plugged into an AC mains outlet), and that the IPC of Intel CPUs has not improved meaningfully (on a per-core basis) in the past five years.

Secondly, do note that none of the MX-series GPUs support NVENC hardware H.264 or HEVC encoding at all. This will force software-only encoding if you're exporting to H.264 or HEVC. And Premiere Pro cannot use Intel QuickSync encoding at all on your laptop because a discrete GPU has superceded integrated graphics completely for all video encoding operations.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0