• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro won't use my GPU

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to render or export in premeire, it barley uses any of my GPU. I recently got a new desktop that was supposed to be much faster than my old laptop and i always have problems rendering or exporting in premiere, I'm working with 4k footage and using a lot of effects but i feel like my computer should be able to handle it. I contstantly get Error code: -1609629695 if i try to export anyhting that isnt just basic footage with no effects

Please help

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

RTX 2080 Super

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to fix whatever is on the timeline at the given time in the error message.

Best is to delete section from project, rename, import and do it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont undertand, i need that section of the video 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You delete clip (or whatever) from project.

you rename this clip on hdd,

you import this renamed clip,

you re-edit the clip in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try exporting in 1080p. Scaling the framesize kicks the GPU into action. Many things don't. So, it uses the GPU for certain things. Otherwise not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your computer should kick some serious booty! What codecs are you using? What are the stats for your computer? The video below should give you an idea of what to expect. You should try Quick Sync and Nvenc both. Having said that a GPU driver update might help. You could also have had a bad Premiere Pro update causing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy, I'm having the same problems and watching this video i've found out that no matter what settings I use my computer wont use the GPU neither for reproducing the videos or processing them in the timeline.

I have:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13400 CPU @ 2.5GHz, 10Core(s)

AMD Radeon RX6600 6gb

16gb RAM

Any ideas for why is this happening?

Thank you for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU isn't just an extension of the CPU. It's a different tool. And in Premiere is used mainly for effects with color or resizing involved, as is stated in the documentation.

Where you have color, tonal, or sizing changes it will use the GPU as it gets to it. Otherwise, it won't.

There's a list of GPU Accelerated Effects.

So, are you doing color changes or resizing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this template that had a lot of effects in it, so the timeline appeared red, meaning it had to be rendered to be able to work with it properly. When I was rendering that sequense my computer was only using the CPU. Is it supposed to do that or should it use the GPU too.

Tank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, what effects were used? As I wrote above, the specific effects matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot know, it's a Storyblocks template so I can't see, or I don't know how. Sorry if I don't understand 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the Effects Control Panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and there's no effect. So I can't see. But even just reproducing the video it shows me the CPU working and not the GPU which is what should happen according to the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have no idea what effects or processes the Storyblock template uses, I can't estimate how much GPU use that stuff will have.

Again, GPU use depends on specific Premiere Pro effects being in use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines