• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Workflow with Aging Mac and 6K Footage

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an aging Mac Pro and I shot a short doc in 6k.  I'm looking for the best cost effective way to store the footage, work off proxies, and output with the original footage.  Should I buy a NAS network drive?  Sadly, I've never worked with one nor do I know where to start.  Any suggestions?  

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd definitely want to work with proxies, and the benefit there is also since they are low bitrate you can likely get away with a lower speed drive situation. You may not need a NAS - though obviously if that's in scope it's not like anybody would discourage a NAS or DAS situation. DAS would be cheaper, and as good or better speeds depending on your network situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is helpful!  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and an ssd for your boot drive and a separate ssd for your media will also help. How old is your macpro?  I've got a 2009 macpro that's still cranking away.  Had to upgrade to high sierra to be able to run premiere 2020 which was a little tricky (apple doesn't make it easy as if you try and upgrade it, it will tell you high sierra is not compatible with the 2009 macpro - not true, you just need to install high sierra on a drive on another system and install the drive in the macpro).  How much ram do you have installed?  It's cheap and easy to upgrade the ram.  I've been able to edit a multicam project with 4 streams of 4k footage using proxies successfully.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines