• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Project and search bins not searching description data

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have various keywords and labels in premiere's description section, though project and search bins don't search the description field. I can successfully produce results when using the find command+F, but it does not work with project or search bins. This is unfortunate, because the find command only searches one item at a time. Search bins and project search are nice because it puts all the search results in the same place.

Is premiere not able to do this? It seems pretty straight forward.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

This has been an annoying bug for some time…but it appears to be fixed in the 13.1 update that became available last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the same behavior with search bins. The search bin behavior is extremely inconsistent and buggy. I make heavy use of the Scene, Shot and Good metadata fields, all of which search bins purport to be able to search. In fact, sometimes they will find all the clips with given metadata, sometimes they'll find only some (and they'll also find clips that should not match) and sometimes they will find no clips at all.

Basically, in their current state, search bins are worse than useless (see the thread titled "search bin horror"). If you can't trust that the bin is finding all the media you've requested, then why have the feature?

Adobe: this is a ridiculous bug to have in such a mature product, and robust search is extremely important to editing workflow. Please fix this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can confirm I'm still having issues with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bringing this conversation back to the top, to say I have recently discovered this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue since updating to newest version. Never had anything like this happen before. It's not like how in earlier versions search bar would occasionally be greyed out. Now you can enter searches but it doesn't work. Things that should show up do not show up. It's awful as I am working on an especially large project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on 13.0.2

I have loads of descriptive information in Scene, Shot, Description, Comment, Log Note etc bothe in Clip Metadata and File (XMP) Metadata. The search box produces ZERO results when I search any of the words or even exact phrases in the search box at the top of the Project Panel, or use a Search Bin. ZERO! It's utterly useless! It can't even find file / bin / clip names!

This is a very basic and important feature for workflow. Adobe please address this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post this in the bug report link posted on the top of the Overview page of this forum. Those go directly to the engineers system and can be searched for, commented on and upvoted by other users.

They also go into the collated spreadsheet that goes directly to the upper management.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have posted this to Premiere Pro: Hot (4017 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps which is where the "Submit a bug report" link took me.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an annoying bug for some time…but it appears to be fixed in the 13.1 update that became available last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Bug is back again.  Updated to CC2020 about 21 days ago and the Search feature is again useless.  So much for using Prelude in my workflow and then editing in Premiere using search.  Very frustrating when working with large projects.  I really don't want to have to go back to logging footage on paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bloody joke.

All through the last 5 years I've had to put up with Premiere bros telling me how professional it is comapared to FCPX, and they can't even get the simple stuff right, never mind the actual power tools.

And don't get me started on titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've still got this bug in Premiere 14.0.4 on April 13, 2020.

However, I've found that making a new project and copying all of my media from the previous project appears to solve the problem. I just had to do it with a giant feature doc project and it took a moment for my machine to do it, but it's working for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 14.5 and I'm still having this problem. My search bins were working but now they're empty. Using the search window brings up nothing. This has been an on again off again problem with Premier for so long. It's a critical feature. When will they fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue in 2021 with Premiere 15.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still in 2021!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jhsdahh,

Sorry for the trouble. I have it working in the current version. Can you try updating the software? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Pc Spec only allows Premiere pro 2021 Version, Becfasue it is a Bit old!

I have resetted the settings but still not working!

I have big project of more than 100+ seqeunce!

These Bugs are Telling me to switch to Divanci!

These bugs made my project late 14 days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There. This is still happening in Premiere Pro 23.6. However, it's working fine in beta 24, but the beta has its own set of issues. Please upvote this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on an MBP M1 Pro 16gb ram-1tb-MacOS 13.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SteadIvan ,

I got your message. I hope you're doing well. I regret that you have not gotten a response from the community yet. Have you solved the issue, or are you still having problems? Have you tried it with a brand new project to test yet? If not, try it and let us know if it works better. I hope the community can assist you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, premiere pro 2024 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - still same issue for us as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im also having the same issue. is there an update to this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is there no solution to this? Adobe decides to charge more per month with a product that has endless bugs. This is kind of ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I'm not sure if the problem randomly fixed itself or if our testing "dislodged" some sort of indexing error with the PPro search, but it magically started working if we searched for the terms in ALL CAPS.  It seems that after we did that a couple times, the rest of the search began to work as normal.

I'd be interested if this worked for anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines