Highlighted

Premiere Projects Missing Edited Work On Different Machines

Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing video; all the project files and assets are stored on a external hard drive. I often take the external drive home with so I can continue my work when I have spare time.

The issue is, when I edit a project at my office and then bring the drive home and open the project there, none of the work i previously did at the office shows up when I open the project at home. It's like nothing was done. The assets are there, but none of the edits. When I go back to the office with the drive, the project opens and all my work from the previous session at the ofice shows up where I left off.

It only happens with a few projects.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Projects Missing Edited Work On Different Machines

Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing video; all the project files and assets are stored on a external hard drive. I often take the external drive home with so I can continue my work when I have spare time.

The issue is, when I edit a project at my office and then bring the drive home and open the project there, none of the work i previously did at the office shows up when I open the project at home. It's like nothing was done. The assets are there, but none of the edits. When I go back to the office with the drive, the project opens and all my work from the previous session at the ofice shows up where I left off.

It only happens with a few projects.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to make sure the project file for those projects is on the external drive. At the top of the Premeire UI, they have the project file always listed showing the file-tree to and name of the project. So you should be able to open that project and see immediately where Premeire is "seeing" the project file.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 2