Highlighted

Premiere Queue to Media Encoder Export Failure "Could Not Read Source"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I queue an export to Media Encoder, the export fails. The error log says it can't read from the source.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 5.04.52 PM.png

No files have been moved or deleted and the read/write permissions on the external drive where the media lives remain the same (read & write) Deleted cache files. No luck. Tried moving the project file to my desktop and exporting from there. Renaming the project file does not work, nor does restarting the the computer. I have tried upgrading and downgrading, the error persists across Premiere/Media Encoder 2019 13.1.5, Premire/Media Encoder 2020 14.1 and Premiere/Media Encoder 2020 14.3.1

The strange thing is that I can still create proxy files in Media Encoder via Premiere's create proxy function, so it's not a total breakdown. 

Anyone have any ideas? 

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 / Mac Pro Late 2013 / 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5 / 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Ram

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Queue to Media Encoder Export Failure "Could Not Read Source"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I queue an export to Media Encoder, the export fails. The error log says it can't read from the source.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 5.04.52 PM.png

No files have been moved or deleted and the read/write permissions on the external drive where the media lives remain the same (read & write) Deleted cache files. No luck. Tried moving the project file to my desktop and exporting from there. Renaming the project file does not work, nor does restarting the the computer. I have tried upgrading and downgrading, the error persists across Premiere/Media Encoder 2019 13.1.5, Premire/Media Encoder 2020 14.1 and Premiere/Media Encoder 2020 14.3.1

The strange thing is that I can still create proxy files in Media Encoder via Premiere's create proxy function, so it's not a total breakdown. 

Anyone have any ideas? 

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 / Mac Pro Late 2013 / 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5 / 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Ram

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0

Have something to add?