Premiere Randomly Quitting

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing a problem with both Premiere and After Effects where they will randomly quit. They aren't crashing though. I will get the "Do you want to save your project before quitting"  screen when I haven't given the quit command. I thought that I may have inadvertently been typing command Q but ruled that out. Unlike an intentional quit screen, this one doesn't offer the option to cancel the quit command. Does anyone have any solutions?  

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue, the program keeps quitting, not crashing. However I am not getting the option to save changes. Any help would be great.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue

See Ann's reply above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I appreciate you pointing that out, but could you be more specific in terms of what information you need? That article is asking for a million things and it would take forever to gather all of it. Most of which, I don't even know what it means.

I can tell you I am on version 14.6, the most recent one at the time of posting. And im on PC.

I was trying to delete some footage and clear it from the project. I thought it might have been that footage, but I have managed to delete and clear it and save in the short bursts of time before the program quits. I have even added a new mp4 file to the project, but it can't seen to stay open long enough to generate the peak file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you be more specific in terms of what information you need? That article is asking for a million things 

Start with this:

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I have -

Processor: AMD Rysen Threadripper 1900x 8-core Processor 3.80GHz

RAM: 32

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT (driver version 27.20.1017.1011)

And then I have a 1TB SSD with about 200 gigs free currently, and a 5TB external HDD hooked up as well if that matters.

Im running Windows 10 pro.

Am I missing anything? I am fairly new to PC's so some of this stuff is a different language to me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By way of quick troubleshooting, open Pr from a desktop or start menu icon, not by double-clicking a project file.

Open a new project. Does Pr remain open without quitting?

If yes, then import your troublesome project into the new one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the program shut off again before I could import the old project into a new one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall.

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

reboot.

reinstall.

reboot.

See how that goes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep – I'm getting this same issue. Premiere is quitting, not crashing and it asks if I'd like to save or not, but no option to cancel. It's happened now a handful of times (5-6) to me over a 3hr edit session so far. I just noticed it seems to be connected with Creative Cloud being signed out. So I'm randomly being signed out, or booted out of Creative Cloud which may be triggering Premier to Quit, offering to save but not cancel? 

I have completed a reinstall of Premiere throughout this process once so far too. Might change my password incase someone has hacked my account and it booting me out. =/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  And by any chance are you working with screen recordings or smartphone sources?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 – running on an 3.5Ghz Quad i5, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9. 

Premier quit once more since my last post, again Creative Cloud desktop app had signed out as it happened confirming that theory. I did change the password earlier, so there isn't someone on the other end signing me out. 

Not working with screen recordings or any smartphone footage. Playing with braw footage infact, which is working great. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working with screen recordings or any smartphone footage. Playing with braw footage infact, which is working great. 

This indicates you're using variable frame rate (VFR) footage. Re-encode it in Handbrake to constant frame rate video and it will play much more nicely with Pr.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever solve this issue, t? Let us know.

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines