Premiere re-linking different clips to the same source file??

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a problem I've never seen before. Had to import a sequence .FCPXML from FCX into Premiere. Brought it into Resolve, then re-exported a Premiere compatible XML. After importing the XML to Premeire, everything intially seemed fine, all files re-linked.

HOWEVER, during the re-linking, Premiere is now reading multiple separate clips as coming from the same source clip. As an example, let's say we have clip 1234.mov and ABCD.mp4 - two different clips in different formats from separate folders - Premiere has them both linked to the same source file. When I make one of the clips offline, they both go offline. If I correctly link one of the files to it's correct source file, both clips are then linked to that file. And vice versa. 

About 30-45% of the clips on this 90 minute sequence are being read as coming from the same source file. There's no similarity in the file names or locations, and there's no indication why some clips are being linked together and others aren't. Unfortuantey, I don't have access to Final Cut X and cannot get a new .FCPXML made, that is the only file I have to work off of.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any advice how to solve it?

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Formats, Import

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines