• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere rendering is BROKEN. CC2020 14.3.1

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give up Adobe. Premiere and Media Encoder are BROKEN (14.3.1). 
Project: 4K x 4K frame call ups from dedicated 10G Networked, 160TB SSD Server (200mb - 500/mb sec read/write)

Source Frames are saved in PNG and TIF. 

Exporting 4K x 4K square pixel JPEG SEQUENCE.

25min TRT @ 30fps

Render time now exceeding 200 HOURS. ....200.....TWO HUNDRED. 
I am rendering 2-3 Frames PER MINUTE. 

Premiere Direct, or Media Encoder. GPU ON, GPU OFF (Software encoding)

Windows 10 (up to date)
3 x 1080Ti
128 Gb of RAM
5 TB of Internal Storage
Intel i9-7960X @2.8Ghz (24 core) -- hits a max of 1% usage on CPU rendering.....REALLY?!?!
ZOOM Conferencing taxes the GPUs harder than Premiere GPU Rendering. 

-----This will be the last time I use Premiere.....Its an active threat to production now. I will never source another Premiere project in our pipeline. HELLO DaVinci Resolve. 

DO NOT UPDATE TO CC2020!!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using software encoding? You might want to change that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried GPU as stated in the post.-- it crashes...every damn time.

Encoder and Premiere when GPU is enabled. It doesn't function. Guaranteed crash. 

The only way to get a frame out of the software is with Software Encoding direct in Premiere. Sending this project to Media Encoder will guarantee a crash. Error Code -1609629695 (any idea what that is?)

I am currently rendering at a massive rate of 5 frames per minute....only 20000 left.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tiffs and png files ... what are their sizes?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tiff average 22-36mb/frame. 

10G Dedicated Network SSD Array -- EASILY handles full transfer in fractions of a second per frame call up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your GPUs linked via NvLink or SLI? If so, there's your problem right there. You see, Premiere Pro is really designed to use only one GPU to begin with. The use of multiple GPUs can cause problems in Premiere Pro, especially if all of the GPUs are linked. And with all three GPUs linked in your system like that, you'd still end up with only 11 GB of VRAM total available. NEVER add up all of the VRAM amounts when you link multiple GPUs like that. The maximum amount of available VRAM will only equal that of the card with the least amount of VRAM, in this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Randall indicates, this is likely due to a faulty system setup, not Premiere Pro. Let us know if you need help further troubleshooting.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPUs are NOT linked with NvLink.  We use the multiple GPUs for 3D rendering. 
Anytime you select GPU rendering you will get a crash. It will not finish. I have repeated this on every workstation we have. Some have 1080ti, TitanX, 1070Ti....they all crash when you GPU render in Premiere or Media Encoder.

The only way I am able to get frames out is with Software Encoding selected. 

This same setup has been used throughout the years. It is with CC2020 that our problems have exploded. 
CC18 , CC19....worked fine. cc20 worthless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of the version, Premiere Pro is known to choke with more than two GPUs installed in any system. It simply cannot use three GPUs at all no matter what.

In addition, Nvidia's older GPU architectures have aged very poorly. Even three GTX 1080 Ti's put together perform slower in Premiere Pro than one single RTX 2060. And this is all because of the engineering priorities of Nvidia's driver team itself, where it concentrated on improving the performance and stability of the absolute newest (as of current) GPU architecture (in this case, Turing) while almost completely neglecting even slightly older GPU generations (in fact, the previous Pascal generation that your GPU belongs to is now already four years old). And nobody wants to even support any hardware that's more than three years old any more. This is in contrast to AMD, who continues to improve the older Polaris architecture while leaving too many bugs yet to be resolved in Navi (AMD's newest to date architecture).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive worked with Premiere long enough not to expect it to use the GPUs correctly.....ever.

What I am concerned about --- is going from using he same workflow pipeline methods for years on end, having final export JPEG frame sequences 4Kx4K 25min TRT @ 30fps go from an average of 6-8 hours......

I started this latest render 5 DAYS AGO. ......it still has another 10 hours. 37,000 frames......in 200 hours?!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Norsethundergod is 100% correct in his assessment of 14.3.1.  Before the "update" of Premiere to 14.3.1, Premiere was working SEAMLESSLY on my system.  Compared to what Norsethundergod is doing, I'm a popcorn fart--but I have HUNDREDS of hours of experience using Premiere editing and producing wedding videos professionally, going back to Premiere V!

I updated the driver of my AMD Radeon 7560D GPU today, and saw a little improvement, but as soon as I try to access transitions, or even use the spacebar and up-down arrows to navigate around my project, the sumbitch goes "Not Responding" and I have to shut it down.

I contend that Norsethundergod is right and that this is not OUR hardware or settings problem, but an Adobe screw-up.

Please:  either fix it at its source, or tell me how I can fix it.  And WHY I have to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naturally then, you would also revert to the previous version. Easy to do, of course.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I saw that as a possibility and I'm open to that.  How do I do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They made it more "sensible" in the latest CC App update ... which for the user, is less obvious. Truely. It even took me, with a ton of experience with the blame CC app and Adobe patterns a while to puzzle this out.

First from the CC App's File menu, go to the Preferences.

For the Apps tab, see to it that 'auto update' is unchecked, and that down below in the Settings section of that tab, "Show older versions is checked.

Then, in the CC app still, go to the All Apps tab.

Scroll down to the line for Premiere 14.3.1 ... and to the far right, click on the 3-dot menu icon.

Click on the "Other Versions" option, and you'll see the previous 14.x versions showing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy moly, Neil, it WORKED--I'm back in business using Premiere 14.3! Fourteen-point-three air kisses: Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! M---! You da MAN!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My perfectly functional and useful Premiere functions and uses of Premiere should NOT have been summarily rendered NONFUNCTIONAL and USELESS by 14.3.1!  Fix it, Adobe CC2020!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you don't have to mess with hardware, just go into Device Manager and right click>Disable the 2 extra cards. Try not to disable the one you are using for display (though it's not always obvious which is which).

I used to do this all the time when I had 2x TitanX pascal. Kept both enabled in Resolve and disabled one when using Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this later. 
I am down to the last 5 hours of the 5 day render. I am not touching that computer until its complete. 

I started using Resolve due to Premiere problems in CC19...but had to get back into Premiere due to a coworker starting their project in Premiere.

I just cannot, for the life of me....understand how Premiere gets WORSE with each release. Im not pushing the effects nearly at all -- this literally is a simple frame call up edit and export......nothing fancy. And for the massive power of these workstations and network infrastructure, it is like I am rendering on an iPhone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bizarre thing. Many users with good gear are much faster with the newer releases, but some are getting hammered. If you're one of the ones getting hammered ... just ouch.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone! The render is finally DONE. 

5 Days, 6 hours and 2 minutes.
453,720 seconds. 
45517 Frames.

1.43% of the YEAR used to render 25 Minutes of content.

CC2020 is WORTHLESS IN PRODUCTION

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yowza that was a long one ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines