• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Premiere] Reverse shuttle won't stop going backwards...no matter what.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read similar posts from others that have had this problem dating back to 2016, but maybe something has changed or maybe there's a workaround to fix it.

As it stands, I cannot shuttle backwards on my timeline and "stop" it from going backwards in any meaningful sort of way. I'd uninstalled Premiere and re-installed it to no avail. Suppose what's most frustrating is that this issue does not happen on my less-powerful Razer 15 laptop. This is only an issue on my desktop PC.

My desktop PC is operating on 32 GB of ram and I'm using an Nvidia 3070 with a Ryzen 7 3700x processor. What gives? Please tell me that Adobe has figured out a workaround for this.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see your video card on the list of hardware requirements for premiere

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/nl/premiere-pro/system-requirements.ug.html

and have you tried remapping the keyboard shortcut to another key.  might be worth a shot.  maybe another program has grabbed that shortcut...

and what are your source properties and sequence settings?  might give us a clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this very issue happen to me and here is what I found.  I was using multiple cameras and I accidentally had one filming 24 fps and the other at 30 fps on the same timeline.  So, I opened my project and clicked on "Sequence" then scrolled down to "Render In and Out" and let it render.  It fixed my problem.  Now I can shuttle forward and backwards really fast and stop when I want to while using my secondary monitor. 

This video led me to the fix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O28-WMEBQrk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines