Premiere running very poorly

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently going to school for video editing, so I need to be able to run Premiere smoothly, however since I went back this semester it has been running extremely poorly. The problem is mostly playback but really just horribly long load times and slow processes are absoultely killing my ability to edit. Even at 1/4 preview quality of 720p footage, my playback is essentially a slideshow, skipping huge chunks of frames constantly, even with 0 effects present. There's also a significant delay between when I'll tape spacebar and when playback will begin. 

For reference I have a 2018 MacBook pro with a 2.2GHz processor and 16GB of ram, so I really shouldn't be having any major issues I don't think? I've tried all of the basic suggestions for stuttery playback i.e lowering playback res, clearing caches, etc. All of my source media, project files, etc. are also held on an external SSD. Not sure if there's anything I could be missing or if I should look into taking my laptop into Apple to get looked at. No other resource heavy programs like Pro Tools seem to be having issues, it is specific to Premiere for me. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue.

Premiere ran pretty much flawlessly last month, but since the october update its pretty much unusable

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more